• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If S8 is QC4.0 - What's the best portable charger (power bank) that's available? Anker 3.0? or any?

Although the s835 supports QC4.0 there's no indication that the S8 does. The Exynos version of course will not, but Samsung nowhere claim that the Snapdragon version does, and reviews claim that it supports QC2.0 in addition to Samsung's own "adaptive charging".

QC is always supposed to be backward
compatible with the earlier versions.

Upvote 0
so what is it then? qc2.0 or qc3.0

more directly, what anker power bank is best for s8?

qc2.0
qc3.0
power iq

Although the s835 supports QC4.0 there's no indication that the S8 does. The Exynos version of course will not, but Samsung nowhere claim that the Snapdragon version does, and reviews claim that it supports QC2.0 in addition to Samsung's own "adaptive charging".

QC is always supposed to be backward
compatible with the earlier versions.

Upvote 0
I've told you what I know: reviews say QC2.0, Samsung don't seem to advertise (presumably because if their adaptive charging is based on QC2.0 this might look "old" if they tell people).

My own Anker has QC3.0 and IQ, and I assume it would handle a QC2.0 device fine - as I say, these things are supposed to be backward compatible, and in general the device controls charging and the charger just has to be able to supply what's needed.

Upvote 0
what is this symbol between the alarm clock and th3 wireless? on the top of the screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180217-083257.png
    Screenshot_20180217-083257.png
    800.3 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones