• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If SOPA happens, what will our Android phones, be good for??

the mega upload happened last week or so and whats the strangest twist in that story that they actually found out that swizz beats is the ceo..... i would of never guessed that. and as far as filesonic lmaooooo they was like ok u turn bahaha.

He's not the CEO. He would of already been arrested. Him and other artist endorse or are in endorsed by megaupload.

Upvote 0
In a sense he has a point. Since we have freedom of speech and Constitutional rights. They should consider that us, the people are against the bill therefore making it apparent to the government that we dont like such reform in "our" internet.

I just the hope judges take a look at our claims and demands. After all, we have rights and we are people to decide how things should be NOT government.

Most people do not know this but when our nation was founded you had to be a rich land owner in order to vote. And since Congress votes on these bills and not the average citizen it should come as no surprise that they vote the way that the lobbyists who pay for their campaigns tell them to. And SOPA and PIPA are most likely there to distract from the real problem, that being ACTA.

Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
Lets keep the forums open for opinions regardless of how accurate or not it maybe.suggesting some1 needs to take classes is abit being cocky and arrogant. theres more than one way to respond to some1 without offending them dont feel bad i have done the same but im learning to watch not so much what i say but how i say it to avoid such situations, i think you understand. thank you.

Upvote 0
Lets keep the forums open for opinions regardless of how accurate or not it maybe.suggesting some1 needs to take classes is abit being cocky and arrogant. theres more than one way to respond to some1 without offending them dont feel bad i have done the same but im learning to watch not so much what i say but how i say it to avoid such situations, i think you understand. thank you.

I totally agree with you that we have to be grown rational persons. Sadly few people still lack the meaning of it and they are being force to receive harshs responds for them to understand clearly xd.

Upvote 0
No, they just put it on the back burner until next month

Which will probably be just in time to distract the masses from ACTA being ratified (it was signed by Obama back in October, yet he claims to be agains SOPA, lies). SOPA and PIPA are just a distraction.

http://www.webpronews.com/president-obama-doesnt-support-sopa-but-signs-acta-2012-01

Move over SOPA, tell ACTA the news? Or is this more of a case of “move over SOPA, it’s ACTA time?” Or does, “Stop! ACTA time!” work? For me, it’s “just when you thought it was safe to go back on the web, ACTA happens.” That’s right folks, while SOPA/PIPA were being placed in the ditch as smoldering husks, President Obama signed the ACTA “treaty,” which is, at its most elementary, a multinational agreement that addresses intellectual property enforcement.

There are many issues involved with President Obama’s signing of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement — which occurred in September 2011 — and whether or not it should be treated as an executive agreement or an actual treaty between the agreeing countries. With an executive agreement, the President does not require the approval of the Senate, whereas, with a treaty, Senate approval is required. That, however, is not the issue, especially when you consider the initial zeal with which the both houses of the U.S. Government supported SOPA and PIPA.
Stop ACTA: secretive treaty will bring in the worst of SOPA through trade obligations - Boing Boing

ACTA, the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, is the notorious, unprecedented secret copyright treaty that was negotiated by industry representatives and government trade reps, without any access by elected representatives, independent business, the press, public interest groups, legal scholars, independent economists and so on. Time and again, the world's richest governmental administrations (only rich countries were in the negotiation) told their own parliaments and congresses that they could not see what was in the treaty, nor know the details of the discussion.
It amazes me how easy it is for our government to pull this kind of thing without anyone noticing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones