• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If Sprint gets the CDMA iPhone, will you consider it over EVO 4G?

EVO! And I thought Verizon was slowly migrating to GSM so they could adopt the iPhone as well as offer other world phones?
Verizon and AT&T are looking to move to LTE... I think GSM is going to slowly die in the USA as LTE and WiMAX take over. At this point I suppose the best we can hope for is for europe and china to switch over to wimax too!

Upvote 0
When asked of the likelihood of buying a particular brand of cell phone or smartphone if the purchase was made the following day, 39% of BlackBerry owners said they "definitely or probably would" nab an iPhone. And roughly one-third of the participants claimed they'd snatch up an Android phone.Meanwhile, the fierce Google-Apple war seems to have bled into the user base.
An overwhelming majority of iPhone users -- 92% -- would likely stay loyal to the Apple device, and only a tad fewer Android owners -- 87% -- made a similar claim.

However, Apple zealots who unleash a fervent hatred for opposing teams may have met their indignant match. While 15% of iPhone users "definitely or probably would not" recommend an Android device, a whopping 45% of Android users would never dare give Steve Jobs' baby a thumbs up. Whether that's a product of outsider's scorn or buyer's remorse, the study didn't pose the question.

why-blackberry-users-will-defect: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Upvote 0
just wait until people actually see the size of the EVO... a few will change their tune... I held a buddy's HD2 yesterday - he had just gotten it... sure the large screen is super nice... it's massive! but on the same taken, it's borderline a mini-tablet in size... do i want to lug something like that around all the time? i dunno... it's certainly not as pocketable as my Nexus... so will have to wait and see... and there's that popsicle stick stand... last thing I need is that thing poking my scrotum :D

Is that your new EVO, or are you just happy to see me...:D

Upvote 0
Slingbox has already been announced. It's coming. And it's not always a fair comparison. If you took the iphone at the same time frame from introduction it would be way behind the Android curve. I'm all for iphone comparisons, but Android has only been out for a year and a half. To expect it to have all the polished apps the iphone does just doesn't make sense. People that took a chance on the iphone way back didn't have that giant app catalog, yet like most apple zealots they drank the kool aid and waited it out. So if you want it all now, then stick with the higher prices on AT&T. If you want to grow with an OS you have to put up with the growing pains. Though some growing pains are easier to deal with than others.
While I have only owned a iphone for a couple of weeks and returned it casue I couldn't justify paying the high price of ATT and not having 3g in my area throuhg them, aside from that the iPhone is a beast of a phone. Yes it doesn't multitask and such but you can do stuff with the iphone that you can't do with Android or other phones. Example right now I'm loving android but hate the fact that I can't watch slingbox with it. I now it coming but its NOT here and I have to wait and at the moment its incapable of doing stuff. There are allot more apps that I have on my ipod touch and the only reason I own the ipod touch is because no other phone besides the iphone has some of the stuff I need it to have. Another example is a EPL app for Iphone. Its a English premier league app that tracks live scores minute by minute for each team and also updates the table as games are played and goals are scored. There are apps for android similar to this but NOT even close this advanced so at this point we are lacking and behind the iphone. You have to understand the iphone is what it is NOT because of its hardware but becasue of the available software through the app catalogue.

Oooh by the way I can't wait to pick up my HTC Evo 4G LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones