1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General If the Incredible kept the exact same design with the latests specs, would you get it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pipnmike, Feb 21, 2011.

1. pipnmike

pipnmike Newbie

Bored at work on a Monday morning... As a former iPhone user and now been using DINC for 9 months now, I've come to realize that I like everything physically about the phone - the touch-sensitive buttons, button placement, the optical button, the red accents, the contoured back, etc.

Now with all these new monster phones coming out, I was thinking - what if HTC released a new version of the DINC with the exact same design but with GB, NFC, better camera, LTE, dual-core, and most important, same screen size? Would you get it? I realized that I don't like all these big-screen phones...

Advertisement

2. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

i think i want my next phone to be 4 inches. 3.7 is just a bit too small and 4.3 a bit too bulky. after all it is a phone, not a tablet. I might also wait until the second gen of dual cores are out since there will most likely be some bugs initially with them like with any hardware. Other than that i love the trackpad and almost have to have that on my next phone. Would be nice if they went with a bigger battery as well seeing as thats what every incredible owner strives for is better battery life.

3. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

I held out for 5 months looking for the perfect phone. I wanted a smart phone with a decent keyboard and HTC's UIs were nice-looking, but the TouchPro2 didn't run Android and was on its way out. Then the Incredible was announced and ended up being the closest to what I wanted, except for lack of keyboard.

I still wish I had a keyboard, so if HTC can come out with a 4-inch Incredible with a keyboard comparable to the TP2, I'll go for it! It would also be nice if they made the casing creak a little less.

4. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

It's also a very easy budget item to cut AND an incredibly easy/cheap aftermarket accessory to buy.

5. kevin217

kevin217 Member

I would LOVE a 4" HTC duel core phone, thats what ill be holding out for.

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I agree with most, would love a brand new, spec'd up, 4" Incredible. I don't think it'll happen, though and I'll have to settle on a 4.3" with no trackpad

7. pipnmike

pipnmike Newbie

I still think the Incredible has the best design of any phone out there right now. It's very unique and it stands out. After seeing a Galaxy S, I now think 4" would be good. But I'm not willing to have the phone thicker to accommodate dual-core, LTE, etc. Those new phones look like monsters...

8. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

i never use the trackpad, so one giant screen would be ok with me....but honestly, after looked at this screen and comparing it to LCD screens AMOLED or super AMOLED might decide my next phone.

9. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert

....you just completely described the Inc S down to the very last detail.

I'd prefer to stay with a 3.7 inch screen honestly. That could be because I just moved from the Eris with its crap 3.2 inch, but I like compact and the Inc's size right now is perfect IMO.

10. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Ok, but I'll never be able to own or use the S as it's likely not coming to the US

11. Mac_Leod

Mac_Leod Well-Known Member

Doesn't the S have a 4" screen rather than a 4.3? 4" would probably be the biggest I'd be willing to go; the 3.7" on the Incredible is perfect for me.

12. Taylored

Taylored Android Enthusiast

I would consider it. I do love my phone, but I would dump it if I could talk on my tab.

13. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert

No one knows this, including myself. I still sincerely doubt that HTC will release a Desire S and the Incredible S globally since they are virtually the same phone other than screen size. I bet the S comes to Verizon as an LTE/SVDO phone, but only time will tell I suppose.

14. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

the inc S will come. it would be stupid for it not to come.. thats like verizon getting the evo II. just dumb. which i mean we are with the thunderbolt. but its not called the evo

15. pipnmike

pipnmike Newbie

That's what bothers me about the thunderbolt. It's just an LTE version of the Evo. No offense against the Evo, but that phone is just a hideous monster IMHO. Too bulky...

16. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

Sign me up for the "wants a 4" screen" crowd!!! Everything is is great. I especially would want the trackpad.

17. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Im happy with my Inc the way it is. I don't see anything coming out in the near future that just blows my mind. I think I will be satisfied with my Inc till im up for an upgrade if not longer.

damewolf13 and stridr69 like this.
  18. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

19. I've only had the DInc for a month now and love it. I would still need my laptop for business use even if I had a bigger 4.3" smartphone. So I like the 3.7" size. The only physical thing I wish it had was a kickstand like my previous WM HTC Imagio. HTC should put a kickstand on all their touchscreen smartphones. As far as software, I would like the ability to take screen shots without having to root the phone and better native Exchange support. I'm using Touchdown which is working perfectly, although with a dated looking interface.

20. Ba'al

Ba'al Newbie

In a heartbeat.

Went with the X on launch and it was just way too big for me. I'm a contractor so I have a lot of carpenter jeans with the phone pockets and I would always have to fight to get the X in and out.

Switched to the Inc about a month ago and keep kicking myself for waiting so long!

If Motorola made something in the Droid/Droid2 footprint that was all touch screen I might have given that a try, but they don't (at least on VZW). At the same time their software just doesn't seem as stable and reliable to me compared to HTC. Yeah, the Inc has a couple bugs too, but none that interrupt my use of the phone on a regular basis.

There's definitely a market for larger-screened phones, but I'm not that market. I hope HTC keeps making high-end phones in this size for the foreseeable future. I would like to see the backplate one depth though on a new version.

21. Mezmryz03

Mezmryz03 Well-Known Member

According to the following article it's on it's way, dubbed the Incredible 2. The Merge is nice for those who want a keyboard and don't need the latest tech.

Incredible 2 and Merge Pop up in Verizon System.

Edit: To answer the OP's Question, hell yes! My DrInc has been amazing, and updated specs would make it king of the mountain again. I do think I would like a 4" screen though.

22. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Better/flush camera and charging from the bottom would be the only thing I'd change.

23. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

I think the size of the Inc is perfect and the screen is perfect but I too wish the camera was flush with the back. The shape of this phone is just plain awesome! Everybody who sees it wants to hold it. Could have been built sturdier though. I am aghast that HTC is moving away from the optical track pad. I use mine multiple times a day and love it!

24. Medion

Medion Android Expert

I noticed that a few people stated that they wouldn't want the 4" screen of the Incredible S because of added bulk. The Incredible S is actually smaller due to lack of an optical trackpad. It's similar to the Atrix. I had a chance to play with a friend's Atrix today, and when held next to my Incredible, the Atrix was actually a smaller device despite having a larger screen. Less wasted space outside of the screen.

25. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

The Incredible S is bigger than the Incredible. It isn't bigger by a whole lot (which makes sense since it's a 4" screen versus a 3.7" on ours). I'm sure anybody who can comfortably use an incredible can make an Incredible S work just fine (it probably will be enough to change the feel for some people). But it is bigger. Check out HTC and Motorola's sites to compare.

Also, I for one don't see how losing the optical trackball did anything but save HTC money and remove functionality.

EDIT: Ok, I see I misread the numbers on the Atrix, and it's alot closer than I thought. The Incredible is still bigger, but not in a way that will really effect usage, just feel (ie the incredible will feel slightly bulkier than the atrix, since it's thicker. But it isn't really any wider). It's still bigger than the incredible (but again, not be a huge margin). I probably won't have posted this if I hadn't misread the numbers, but I did.