1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support If this has been discussed, please direct me....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mizmimi, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Mizmimi

Mizmimi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Tipp City, OH
    I have 2 issues I need help with. If these have been covered somewhere, by all means close this pesky duplicate and point me in the right direction.

1.No sound notification. When I am texting someone back and forth, I have to back out of the thread or I do not get notified that they have responded. If I leave it open, I sit there forever thinking the person didn't respond only to wake up my phone and see that they actually did.... 10 minutes ago. Anyone else have this issue?

2. When I turn my phone on in the morning, I never get notified of new email. I have to open my mail and click refresh. I have tried letting it go thinking it would notify me at the update interval I have set, and that never happened. I went almost 2 hours until I had a new email notification, and that was because I sent something to myself to test it.

If anyone has tips, suggestion, criticism, or can point me in the right direction of a thread in which this has been discussed, I sure would appreciate it.

Advertisement

2. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Male
    Electromagnetic Field Engineer
    Pacific Beach / Crown Point, San Diego
    Please change thread title.

3. Mizmimi

May 23, 2010
    Tipp City, OH
    Is that better?

4. ORRY?

ORRY? Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    NNJ
    I have the same problem/nitpick about the stock messaging system, and would like to know about a solution. There have been times when I'm expecting a text back, but then find out a day later that they did.

Can't say the same about your email problem though. I get my email the exact instant my Gmail on my computer gets it.

5. Mizmimi

May 23, 2010
    Tipp City, OH
    Thought I changed the title.... Anyway, I contacted Verizon, but they don't seem to understand what I'm talking about. Ugh.

6. Mizmimi

May 23, 2010
    Tipp City, OH
    Ok, seems we are the only ones with this issue.