1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General If this is true, I'm ditching Motorola

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HanSolo, Jul 26, 2011.

1. opuntia2

opuntia2 Newbie
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    I don't know of a SGS2 (or SGS1) phone yet that does have a LED notification light...so I'm assuming the VZW version won't either.

Advertisement

2. Preach2k

Preach2k Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    North Carolina
  3. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Source?

4. Preach2k

Preach2k Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    North Carolina
    Just someone that has been Testing an early device for VZW.. He told me that LTE radio is to big to fit in the device he was testing.. But he said if they do put it one in It will not be out any time soon and that it will be much thicker then the original GS2...

5. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Hmmmmmm. Still strikes me as weird that engineers wouldn't have designed hardware to accommodate LTE in phones long before it went live from Verizon.

6. YodaDroid

YodaDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Galaxy S II will NOT be LTE.

If you're buying that phone, I would use the Iphone as the reference comparison.

Bionic will be the top billing LTE when it launches. Battery life already better than HTC TB / Charge.

7. droidfan1

droidfan1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 2, 2010

Where the hell is the proof? GSII no LTE? How do you know?

8. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    I know more than you do. :)

9. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    Proof will be when you see the GSII . . . book it.

- YodaDroid

10. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    Yoda, your mother's calling you for your bath. It's almost your bedtime. Let the adults talk now. Good night sweety.

11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Can the personal attacks - people on here really *do* have inside connections. And rmember, this *is* VZW - stranger things have happened.

SirKronan, dmodert66 and jroc like this.
  12. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    You'd be surprised if you knew who some of us really were . . . :)

johnlgalt likes this.
  13. Rhystatic

Rhystatic Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    My first name is Steve, my last is rhymes with Bobs...

14. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager
    Statistically speaking you are some teenager who is punking the forms because they want attention.

It is highly unlikely you are one of the top engineers/CEOs/people with the inside knowledge.

The theory that people have inside connections is fine and dandy but this isn't like Best Buy, someone with a salary of 500K+ a year isn't going to jeopardize it to impress his friends, and trust me, these companies track them and get rid of leaks every single year.

I am putting my money down that Yoda is simply some guy who has been following the trends and betting on the most likely outcome, he has told us nothing that we do not already know/heavily suspect.

I could create a new account and do the same damn thing.

15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None

Right. And you'd be surprised to know what my wife is wearing right now. But if I don't want to share it, why even bring it up?

If people here are on the "inside", and you want to reveal that fact, that's totally great. I hope we can get some solid info from you.

But if you just want to throw around the idea that you're a Verizon insider with absolutely nothing to back up the claims that you're giving, then don't be surprised when no one believes what you're saying.

Here's something you might want to know:

My name is X.X. I've worked for Motorola for the last 11 years. I have spent most of the last 3 years in the Applied Research and Technology Center, specifically in the uWave accelerometer division. Having worked in this department for a while now, I'm privy to a lot of cool information regarding FUTURE specs we're working on. I mean phones that won't come out until late 2012 at the earliest. I can divulge some of this info, but the fact that I am only 1 of about 7 people that know specific specs, and am only 1 of 3 that speak english, it wouldn't take very long for Motorola to find out who it was, so I'll have to refrain until some of these specs are leaked elsewhere. When that happens, I'll be able to provide additional details. But as for phones that are coming out this year, I do have all details, and now that there have been a bunch of (accurate) rumors floating around for a while, I can confirm some of them. For example, the Bionic will run a 1.0 GHz TI OMAP 4430 dual-core processor, a 4.3" screen, HDMI mirroring, 8MP camera, 2MP front facing camera, and a laptop dock. As for the Function, well, I don't work for Samsung so I can't give you much info on that. But I do have some really juicy info on the second generation Xoom I can give you, just not yet.

Now, the above paragraph is absolute crap. There is no truth in it whatsoever. Did it sound convincing? Yes. Was there a shred of evidence? No. But it sounded more convincing than "I know more than you guys, tee hee hee!"

Geez, what am I spending my morning on? :rolleyes:

16. droidfan1

None

Aug 2, 2010
    Actually he bodly stated that the samsung galaxy S II will be 3G and not LTE.

So apparently he's worked for samsung as well as motorola!

17. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    You'd be surprised who reads the forums

I have no intention of trying to convince of my authenticity. For all you know I could be getting it directly from VZW, Motorola, both, or Jimmy Choi on the corner of 8th and 13th.

Just know that the Bionic will be worth your wait if you're looking for an LTE phone. Many resources are being around the clock on this device . . . It'll be VZWs / MOTs biggest phone release this year . . . so far

18. droidfan1

None

Aug 2, 2010
    OK, can you tell me when I should expect the motorola dinara?

19. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    I also once held a summer job at Chuck E. Cheese. Since we're going over my bio . . .

20. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    The info about Dinara is wrong. Somebody mixed up a leak.

21. droidfan1

None

Aug 2, 2010

When will the motorola dinara release? What EXACT dates will the bionic + SGSII release?

22. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    There is a target timeframe - 1st week of sept.

The final software package hasn't been submitted to verizon yet. It needs to go through the testing process and get approved before anything is set in stone.

Cell phones are some of the most complex consumer electronics devices being built. Getting new hardware (LTE, dual core processor) to work well with ever changing software isn't as simple as plugging in a new motherboard into a PC.

You don't take your PC with you everywhere, so you're more willing to accept faults and glitches, since it's not an integral part of your life.

What happens if something you rely on every day did that . . . now imagine you took that device and dropped it on the ground, subjected it to extreme weather, played around with it just to push its limits . . . not so simple anymore.

23. YodaDroid

None

Jul 28, 2011
    I already told you. Dinara is not the superphone that you're looking for. The leak is wrong. Is there something even better? . . . :)

24. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    What does dropping it on the ground and extreme weather have to do with having updated software, increased processor speed, and a 4g chip that works? What, does someone at Motorola say "Gee whiz, this phone is going to be in an urban environment where it will sustain frequent drops on pavement. . . .better keep that processor under 1.2 GHz, folks!"

Absurd.

You know how sometimes you're driving on the highway and see some jacka$$ speeding by everyone at 120, weaving in and out as if they were more important than anyone else, and just for a second you wish you were a cop?

I wish I was a moderator. :rolleyes:

25. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Just to add to the off-topic'ness..

It's much more fun to prove someone wrong after you find out they were indeed lying, not during! Maybe i'm just an understanding person, but I'm sticking behind Yoda until the phone comes out.

I mean, just to have someone say all of this, even if it is all lies... is exciting.

Bring on the smartphone battle.