1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root If you can't make a backup via CWM...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stinky, Mar 11, 2011.

1. stinky

stinky Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    SoCal
    I am posting this as I saw a thread somewhere about someone having this problem.

Problem is once you "update" CWM to 3.0.1.0 via ROM manager, it doesnt actually install it correctly. I am not sure if previous versions had a backup error, or just doing this caused it, but either way, to officially update CWM, and to solve the backup issue, read this thread: [RECOVERY] Official CWM 3.0.1.0 Update - xda-developers

Basically, go into recovery, and flash the new recovery. Thats about it.

Hope this helps someone.

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I assumed this was fixed in latest version.

Had issues weeks ago with my wife's NC (boot loop with bootloader 3.0.0.6) and flashed with cwmr_3.0.1.0.zip and it fixed the problem.

Now my NC had issues with unable to mount cache as soon as I entered recovery:

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.1.0
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Found a post that suggested formatting the sd card and using RM to partition the sd card so copied my sd card contents to my computer (2 gigs), then formatted the card, copied the contents back and booted my NC. Opened RM, started to choose partition and chickened out. I changed option (menu button... settings) to erase recovery prior to flashing, and flashed recovery. Booted into recovery and the above cache errors were gone.

Went to do a backup and found I still had an error about unable to mount cache when the backup was finished, but wasn't sure if the backup completed or quit with the error. My other NC didn't produce the error, so flashed the above cwmr_3.0.1.0.zip file and created a backup and now it finishes w/o an error. Only spent about 3 hours on this. :D

Now the only problem I have is powering up with the n button depressed does not boot into recovery with either of my Nooks, both running Phiremod 4.3.