1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

If you could have only one widget...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pseudoware, Aug 9, 2012.

1. pseudoware

pseudoware Member

...on your S3's home screen, which one would it be?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. t35rk

t35rk Well-Known Member

Bookmarks.

3. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert

I just want a better speed dial widget, one like htc or the new moto blur style.

4. Covart

Covart Android Enthusiast

Blingboard

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Id become a app developer and develop a widget that hosts other Widgets

6. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Lol. That's like "if I had one wish, I'd wish for three more wishes."

7. SUroot

The thing is, I wouldn't. 1 wish is enough.

If I had 1 wish, I would wish that I had the ability to become the greatest in the world an anything I ever set my mind to. Why would you ever need another wish?

8. davoid

davoid Android Expert

I'm not sure.. how about just wishing that you were incredibly lucky.

Or wishing that you wouldn't be assassinated by people jealous that you have the ability to become the greatest in the world at anything you set your mind to.

Or indestructibility. Or that old chestnut, eternal life.

9. SUroot

I'd be the greatest in the world at avoiding assassination and the greatest "eternal life" scientist. If anyone could do it, it would be me.

Having the ability to be the greatest at anything will feed me for life. But also I wouldnt be bored cause id be doing the things I'm great at. There is still effort involved.

Plus the every day risks still apply so the things that make life interesting are not Removed.

I've thought about this at length and truly believe its the greatest compromise

10. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I know this is not related to the widget topic, but since we are talking about wishes....
    I am thinking my wish will involve.... the Swedish Bikini Team!

11. Obviously the power widget! -,-

12. davoid

davoid Android Expert

I do have only one widget. Business Calendar

13. davoid

davoid Android Expert

The stuff I used to use power widget for is now covered by the drop down widgets in the notification bar.

I've never used power widget since I first flashed Cyanogenmod on my Desire and every rom I've ever used since has had toggle widgets in the notification pulldown.

14. Too lazy to pull-down on the menu. I want the fastest access to the Power Widget when I am on my home screen, as that is the only widget I use mostly.

As for while I am in my apps, the drop-down menu does help greatly!

15. Lato9905

Lato9905 Well-Known Member

Google search bar

16. davoid

davoid Android Expert

If you long press on the menu button it brings up google search so save your one widget for something else ;)

Lato9905 and woj666 like this.
  17. rizmack

rizmack Newbie

Reaching to get to the top of my S3 is not easy (due to the screen size), so I still use the Power Control widgets.

18. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

Did not know that...thanks!

19. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

It would have to be the Volume Widget. I use it to change the sound profile whenever I go outside, go inside and go to bed. To change the sound profile without such a widget would take too long to do.

20. JD06ctsV

JD06ctsV Newbie

Sportacular!!! For us sports fans.

21. Lato9905

Lato9905 Well-Known Member

Didn't know that either. Awesome.

22. CReuss

CReuss Member

I use something similar. Ring Toggle. It looks like a Bell :) I can easily switch between Ring, Ring and Vibrate, Vibrate and Silence with a few touches. I use that widget about a dozen times during the day. Switch it to vibrate when I get to work, switch it to silence when headed into a meeting with the boss, switch it back to Ring or Ring and Vibrate as I leave work. I have an app that can do this for me based off my GPS location but after a few times where it didn't work properly I switched to the Ring Toggle widget. My phone started going off during a company meeting where the owner of the company was talking about the business and the direction were headed and RING, RING...Everyone looks at me :-( Not Good LOL....

23. SUroot

Use tasker

24. SUroot

Can toggle sound in the notification area

25. gdot

gdot Newbie

Business Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews