• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you could just fix one thing...

jmessick

May 22, 2011
I'm sure we all have annoyances with out phone. If you could just have one thing 'fixed' on your phone, what would it be?

I'd like to say goodbye to the random hangs and reboots I experience when using Navigator. It really sucks to have to restart everything in the middle of a trip, especially if 3G is lousy where you are.

Hmm...I've never had that problem with the navigator. Sometimes it won't connect right off but that is probably a signal issue (I live in the middle of nowhere). I would probably fix the battery life. Usually I'm able to plug it in but sometimes I'm not near a car or building. Or it's just not practical to plug my phone in. And I like using it heavily when I can.

Upvote 0
Hmm...I've never had that problem with the navigator. Sometimes it won't connect right off but that is probably a signal issue (I live in the middle of nowhere). I would probably fix the battery life. Usually I'm able to plug it in but sometimes I'm not near a car or building. Or it's just not practical to plug my phone in. And I like using it heavily when I can.
You could try buying a spare battery. Then when the first gets low just swap them out.

Upvote 0
^^ more memory would be great.
ditto, 512MB of onboard NAND flash for OS + shipped apps + cache + user installed apps = phail whale especially since FLASH memory is relatively cheap nowadays.

If it had just come with even 1GB or even better 2GB of onboard storage(total) I wouldn't even be considering already jumping ship to the Triumph.

(Although the Triumph has a number of other features that I like as well: cortex-a8 based 1GHz, larger screen, cam w/flash, front facing cam, etc.)

Upvote 0
I would probably up the battery life, although I've been getting much better battery life since flashing aospCMod. Or maybe put a better sensor on the camera.

Other than that, there's nothing really broken. If I could add something, it would definitely be a bigger screen (like 3.7") and a camera flash.

But I can't complain. I've got a great little phone running 2.3.4 for $25/month. Love it.

Upvote 0
I'm sure we all have annoyances with out phone. If you could just have one thing 'fixed' on your phone, what would it be?

I'd like to say goodbye to the random hangs and reboots I experience when using Navigator. It really sucks to have to restart everything in the middle of a trip, especially if 3G is lousy where you are.

Tell me about it! I was trying to use Navigator to re-route around an accident-caused-closed interstate, going through the back roads of Ohio--when Navigator kept rebooting. I gave up and started using the Compass App and my common sense. :cool:

Upvote 0
I haven't heard of CoPilot but purchased NavDroid for the same purpose (offline GPS). The only problem is that it's a pain to use. I don't think the battery life is too bad, it is what it is and I purchased extra batteries and external charger immediately, and a car charger as well. The 3G network is what it is too, which is crappy/non-existent in some areas and great in others. Hopefully it might improve. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones