1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

If you had to pick the very best Smartphone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Jrife, May 27, 2011.

1. Jrife

which phone do you think is the absolute best. The overall nothing can touch it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Fetch Questman

Fetch Questman Well-Known Member

Blackberry 8330i

3. mauiblue

mauiblue Android Enthusiast

For me presonally, the absolute, very best smartphone is the one I carry in my pocket everyday (that is when I don't forget it at home <grin>) which is the HTC Incredible. All current smartphones on the market doesn't appeal to me. Mi dos centavos.

4. vc1

vc1 Lurker

Well as for me the best android or any phone for that matter is the htc Evo. First one to hit the market with 4g and still abt a year in the market it ranks in the top 3. But as for me its #1 all day....
    [blog URL removed]

5. cb2000a

cb2000a Newbie

Wait for it.....the Sammy G2S..it will be worth the wait.

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Wait for the Samsung Galaxy S II. It will be the standard against which all are judged. Should be available on most US carriers by Sept/Oct. 4G/LTE, Super AMOLED Plus screen, 1080p recording. dual cameras, dual core 1.2G processor 1g of RAM all in a package slimmer than the iPhone. This will be the gold standard for some time.

7. Jrife

What about the HTC thunderbolt S that is coming out Aug 18th?

1.5 mhz processor

2 gigs ram

64 mg harddrive

12MP camera and 4MP front face camera

4.3 Inch Screen Retina 2 Screen with supercolor technology

1080 Video recorder with NightVison and superzoom technology

tommy_ed likes this.
  8. PsychDoc

Thunderbolt S???

Do you have a link?

As far as I know there's no such thing even on the drawing board.

9. Jrife

I uploaded it. Looks really nice to. HTC thunderbolt-S

The processor is triple core I guess too :)

Attached Files:

10. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

OP, this question is impossible to answer. Reason being, what phone is best FOR YOU, may not be best FOR ME. We all have different expectations and desires for what we want from/to do with our phones, so therefore no one can say "x phone is the best".

jroc likes this.
  11. Jrife

Most Smartphones all do the same thing. Just some are better quality than others and exceed in areas as far as speed, battery, solid build, etc etc.

12. Medion

Medion Android Expert

He was joking.

13. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert

If somebody forced me to pick based on specifications alone, this is what I'd say too. I think it really comes down to what phone is best for you, on a personal level.

14. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

15. quest7

quest7 Android Enthusiast

I still care greatly for my Dinc. But, I would like to try the gs2, it looks like a beast.

16. Jrife

Don't smack me, but I liked my iPhone 3GS. I know it's not as fast or pretty as the newer phones. Just the build quality on the 3GS man that thing was good. I even jailbroke it and the phone never messed up very rarely even a glitch out of that thing. I do like Android alot better. I just wish they could make em tough like that iPhone 3GS.

17. PsychDoc

Looking at your profile I see you have about 8 phones. What do you do with them all?

18. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

whatever phone I happen to own
    duh

19. vantiveman

vantiveman Member

Samsung Galaxy S2 - no question!

Had it a few weeks now and it is incredible. Fantastic screen, super fast, installs multiple apps faster than I can select them! Fantastic camera, amazing video quality and don't even get me started about DNLA. It attaches to my TV over WiFi and I can watch HD movies played directly from my phone - no pauses or waits.

Love it, Love it, Love it.

Need I say more?

20. PsychDoc

Why don't we have it in America yet??????
    ;-(

21. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Not seen that site in ages.

Outstanding :D

22. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

It hasn't been released yet. Never will either. Anytime a "best of breed" appears you can guarantee that it will be usurped/bettered/pwned a month or two later. Never has the old adage "if you wait for something better you'll wait forever" been truer than with smartphones in 2011. It's an embarrassment of riches out there and we're spoilt for choice. Choose wisely to suit your needs now rather than worry about what might be around the corner in the future.

23. vantiveman

vantiveman Member

Hi Slug. Yeah, I say the same about laptops, but you just gotta choose something or, like you say, you will wait forever.
    For me the Galaxy 2 is the top choice because of the 1.2Ghz dual core. I know that there will be a lot of dual cores released this year, but with that amazing screen I'm betting that the S2 will compete well with them all. Now when triple/quad cores come out - that's another story. Still, I reckon it'll be a while before I feel jealous of another phone.

24. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert

There is no "best", it's all personal choice. Horses for courses innit?

Personally i can honestly say that i've found my perfect phone in the Xperia Arc - there's no way i'd swap it with anything else that's out there at the moment, dual core or no dual core. Maybe eventually something will come along that catches my eye, but there's nothing out there right now that comes close.

That's just my preference though.

25. Jrife

Play with them in the tub