1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General If you hate your Eris...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrWilliams, Aug 19, 2010.

1. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    ...xtrROM 4.0.6 is the answer!

About a month ago, my Blackberry died for the 3rd time. I was still 4 months out from an early upgrade and Verizon offered me a free Eris. Even though the Eris had been EOL'd, I figured I could play with it for a couple of months until I hit my early upgrade.

The first 2 weeks were TORTURE! I'd never had such a laggy phone in my entire life. I contemplated deactivating the Eris and have my old RAZR reactiviated (yes, I was THAT frustrated).

I decided to root and did so with the PlainJaine ROM. That made a little difference, but didn't rid my phone of lag. I was just about throw in the towel when I decided to give xtrROM 4.0.6 a try. It has solved ALL of my problems. My Eris runs smooth as silk and I'm deeply in love with it now!

Just though I would share...

Advertisement

2. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Earth
    yeah, there are several good ROMs out there, but I share the opinion of Frisco and few others that xtrrom is the best one out there. The dev has done a tremendous job with this ROM

3. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Yep, root your phone and try a rom!

There are basically two camps on this site. Those who rooted are very happy and those who didn't wish for a different phone because of how slow theirs is. Rooting fixes the problem because it gets rid of Sense (main cause of the slow downs).