• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you have wifi problems read this

logoo

Lurker
May 18, 2010
I used to be so much angry against my wifi connection which lasted for a few minutes/seconds then droped out... I was about to return my legend but i read somewere a very good tip ,that's why i'm writting this post if it can help someone who has the same issue...

Download from the market an app called "Wifi Fixer" it's a background app that checks if you're still connected to the wifi and if no, it reconnects you automatically.

It's a bit of a pain but lots of routers can use MAC address filtering instead of WEP/WPA (as in, turn security off but filter). I just did this on my home router and it seems to have fixed the issue.

My problem isn't the initial connection. Its staying connected and signal strength thats problematic.

I have an access list set up on my router. I'll turn it off and see what happens. I'll keep WEP enabled.

Drew

Upvote 0
I used to be so much angry against my wifi connection which lasted for a few minutes/seconds then droped out... I was about to return my legend but i read somewere a very good tip ,that's why i'm writting this post if it can help someone who has the same issue...

Download from the market an app called "Wifi Fixer" it's a background app that checks if you're still connected to the wifi and if no, it reconnects you automatically.

Hi - I changed my home router wifi channel to channel 11 (it was on 3) and this has worked for me. Hope this helps (at least when you are at home)

Welcome to Greenlight - Greenlight, LiveTheBusiness.com - UK & Jersey (CI)

Upvote 0
I signed up just to tell you this tip.

I was furiously mad because I couldn't get my WiFi to work with ANY network. I was damn close to wipe and reflash a new rom because of this.

BUT.

What I did was, go into the WiFi menu. Longpress every network you've stored and hit "Forget", on every single one. Turn off WiFi. Turn it on again.

Ta-****ing-da.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
hello friends,
i have htc legend. i also had wifi issue. i just tried some different routers and finally found some result. generally my htc legend connects all the router but cant access internet from TP-LINK router. you just try to change your router and get i have tp-link router so i use virtual router software in my lappy. and finally it works with virtual router.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones