• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

if you like the one m8

Rynx

Dec 10, 2015
A lot of people have been disappointed with the release of the one m9 (and rightfully so). Many therefore, stood with their m8. Well, I recently got my hands on the one m9+ supreme camera Edition (had it for 2+ weeks), and I must say, I effing love it! The one m9+ and the one m9+ supreme camera Edition, should have been HTC's original two releases.

About the one m9+ supreme camera Edition:

Only available in Taiwan (online/local). Although, HTC Hong Kong lists it (online).

When I received and setup the phone, it had google play services, official HTC apps, and a few third party (popular Asian apps). The third party apps, weren't intrusive and are easily removed. Apps like kkbox, kkmusic, plurk, etc. HTC actually owns share in kk, which is really popular in Taiwan.

The phone cost me $650. I wired my Taiwanese friend, $690 to cover fees. She insisted on paying the shipping for me. I buy her a lot of things without charging her shipping. Shipping would have been another $100+ for me.

Finger print scanner works fast and smoothly. Tap to wake up the screen also works smoothly (tap again to go back to sleep). There's also other gestures, like holding the phone in landscape, and pressing the volume button to activate the camera (during sleep).

Battery also seems to last me a long time. I do moderate gaming, web browsing, listening to music, texting. Depending on use, I can go my entire shift (12 hours) without a charge. Charging is also quite fast. From completely dead, or 5% battery life, I can go to full charge in 2 to 2 & 1/2 hours.

Gaming is quite nice. I downloaded final fantasy 4 and FF 4: the after story (full 3d rpgs). Both games ran smoothly, regardless of length of play. I also tested: asphalt 8, sonic 4: episode 2, kof 98. I also have some emulators, and they run smoothly.

Pictures are amazing. I took pictures of my TV, as their was motion on the screen. And the pictures were blur, and noise free. I even took pictures late at night (pitch black), and once again was really impressed. The one m9+ supreme camera Edition has Laser AF, phase detection, OIS, and auto focus. Video recording was just as amazing.

Audio, do I need to say more? Boom sound is amazing!!! There are a couple of options for the internal speakers, theater or music mode. While headphones have 3 options and including "other."

Display is also amazing on the one m9+ supreme camera Edition. I absolutely enjoy watching movies/videos on this phone.

Multitasking is simple and fluid on the one m9+ supreme camera Edition. I haven't been running into any stuttering, slowdowns, or delays.

Customization is also nice. You can change wallpapers, fonts, icons, etc. You can even upload a picture and it will generalize a theme for you. Also, some people are really creative with their themes. You can download themes from other people and mix-and-match. I have my phone the way I want it.

Call quality is superb. People can here me clearly and vise-versa (whether I'm outside, in a noisy room, etc.) Speakers are also loud and clear.

Bluetooth works without any problems. It was super fast transferring pictures between my phones. I haven't tried NFC yet.

Wi-Fi has dual band support. I am using it on my Linksys 5ghz network. I can also easily switch to my 2ghz network. Fast and smooth connection.

The HTC One m9+ supreme camera edition, does get warm (from heavy use). I have a protective case, that minimizes the amount of heat, emitted by the device to my hand. However, it is noticeable on the display screen. I can put the phone in my pajama pants and feel the warmth from the display screen (or when I touch the display screen with my finger/s). It's not a big issue, and it cools down relatively fast.

The one m9+ supreme camera Edition, also supports otg connectivity. I tested an external flash drive, a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, and my HTC registered /connected without any problems. Scrolling/clicking with the mouse was smooth, and typing with a physical keyboard was a nice reminder of the old days. Haha. I tried a PS3 cobtroller, and although, it would wake up my screen, there was no functionality. I am being told, maybe my phone does not give out enough power, so I will try a otg Y-cable (soon).

Note:
I did a comparison of this phone and the Sony z5 premium (a beast phone), and this phone can compete against it. It actually does a few things better than the z5 premium.

I will continue to update this thread. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Taiwan (China) Literally get all the best phones. Nice review Rynx

Thank you, I added some new stuff.

I think it has to do with the protection of apple devices. It's no secret, that the united States government caters and protects American businesses. Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc., all have better phones exclusive to their home country (and Europe). Hell, the z5 premium is a beast phone, but I doubt it will get released here (I could be wrong). 4k Sony phone, before an apple device?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones