1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

If you love your Bionic, post here!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m.vasquez009, Sep 11, 2011.

1. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Put ICS on the phone (not a ROM, one of the leaks, i suggest 6.7.232] and see how much your opinion changes.

Advertisement

2. BKiv

BKiv Newbie

X2

I love this phone. I'm running the .232 leak as well and it mat a great phone the greaterest.
    Came from DX, (also loved that phone)

3. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Android Enthusiast

I don't love my Bionic, but I certainly like it a lot. I upgraded from an Eris to a Bionic last November. Dropped it twice, once on concrete and once on terrazzo (airport security). That left my Bionic significantly dented, but still working great. Then the data drop epidemic hit last May. Eventually, this led me to a like-new replacement Bionic. Same data drops, but at least the phone looks new. I expect ICS by OTA in September. Then, I will certainly love my Bionic. Since it worked great as a free (FoxFi) Wi-Fi hotspot before the data drop issue, and since I have an unlimited data plan at $25/month, I expect to love my Bionic for a long time to come.

4. redlari72

redlari72 Newbie

My Bionic aka 'the beast' works wonderfully, haven't had any real issues with it. I manly use it as a workhorse for when I'm on the road and for my job. I got it for its 4G because my main phone is only a 3G and can be miserably slow and annoying when I need to get online. I am excited that it will have ICS soon, still waiting to see when big red rolls that out.

5. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Android Enthusiast

I still love mine. Got it certified preowned for $20 or something like that back in February. Every phone is exciting when you first get it but this is my first phone where I feel like the novelty hasn't worn off even 6 months down the road, sometimes the phone still does something that surprises me or I'm just amazed with the performance. Maybe it's due to the fact that I've never had the biggest and best device right away, the only Android phone I had before this was an LG Ally that I used all the way until 2012. So maybe the Bionic has already seen better days and there are better devices out there now, but from my perspective this phone is still amazing.

I wasn't too invested in any promises about ICS or future updates since I didn't buy the phone when it was new, but even I am a little tired of waiting for official ICS now, so it would be nice if they finally figure it out.

And I think if the phone is reaching the end of it's life cycle, Moto should throw the Bionic community a bone and finally unlock the bootloader.

6. sgschwend

sgschwend Member

My phone works well; I do agree that it is not very professional to release a product that did not meet it's specifications and expect the provider to fight the fires. Not sure the ratio of network versus phone issues, but as a user they both need to work to keep me and everyone else happy.

7. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Android Enthusiast

Hey Frisco, how's it going? Long time no chat.

8. rogueally

rogueally Well-Known Member

absolutley love my bionic.....im on the 229 ics leak and am in love....i also picked up a lapdock for $50 on craigslist and its like I bought a brand new phone.....

9. tuputo2000

tuputo2000 Lurker

I love my Bionic!!!!! This is coming from the Xperia Play.

10. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

I got the Bionic after having an OG Droid for two years. I loved my OG and never had a moments trouble with it. Then I got this thing and thought, "Man, its nice to come out of the cave into the daylight!!" I still find it odd that you hear about folks having the data drops and other such and some folks, like me, have never experienced any issues. I still feel as though there was a lot (as in a production run) of Bionics that were "sour." That is the only way I can make since of some folks getting a phone that they absolutely love and some folks getting a phone that sucks. One thing that does annoy me and I'll get it off my chest here. Please do not say the the Bionic is a piece of crap. The one that you got may be, but mine has never been and there are hoards of folks that also have never had the issues that you may have had. I'm not doubting the negative experiences, but the Bionic was not half baked when it was released, as is very obvious from this thread. I got my Bionic on 9/12/11, which is right after release and have had zero issues with it. Motorola has a good track record with phones and the Bionic is no exception. Saying that the Bionic is a piece of crap because your particular unit was faulty is tantamount to saying, "Schwinn sucks because my bicycle has a flat tire."

I feel better now,
    BigRedGonzo

11. EZE336

EZE336 Newbie

I see your in NC too. I better keep my defective Bionic away from yours then because it might start getting a case of the drops. You sir crack me up. You would be saying what the same thing as those of us who are having issues with our Bionics because we cannot "naturally" use our device to its full potential. How would you like to have to pull your battery or sim card everyday just to get 4G to work while you have the Otterbox defender case on it. Or try the airplane mode glitch every six hours. I am not trying to rain on your parade but the fact is that there should have been more quality checks on Motorola's part before release. Even after all the trouble I have with the phone I am still using it which indicates that I still like it. I have no issues while in 3G but 4G is a different story. Thank you for your opionion but I am also entitled to mine. :D

12. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

I think I should apologize. I tried to not sound like I thought your Bionic problems were bogus. I completely understand that your issues are serious. I also think that those issues should be vocalized. I even offered my opinion as to why some people have such severe issues and some people have not and I'll even restate it, I believe that there is a production run of Bionics that aren't right. It just gets too me when people generalize their problems across the board. Your Bionic has a serious issue that VZW and Motorola should be doing their utmost to resolve, but not ALL Bionics are bad. I certainly believe that you are entitled to your opinion and that you should voice it.

BigRedGonzo

13. EZE336

EZE336 Newbie

I should apologize too because I do believe my comment was a little over the top. I love the phone enough to put up with its dark side because it is a rocking phone. I just wish we had ICS by now or at least a patch just like they did for the Razr. Thank you BigRedGonzo.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews