• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If you need help rooting, i'm the guy

So after seeing I have nothing better to do with my life I have decided that I will take people step by step on whatever they need as long as its root-wise. From Installing 2.2 with root to installing root on a un rooted 2.2 Droid X (yeah 2.2) just pm your windows live messenger or yahoo instant messenger and I will walk you through the wonders of root.

Dude.. you have an ANDROID! Made by GOOGLE! Why the hell arent you using GTALK!!!

:)

Upvote 0
I just flashed the new Tranquility over my FlyX and like some, I lost root.

I'm going about re rooting via the Droid 2 way. Everything goes smoothly until this step....

cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/su

I get this error...

cp: /sdcard/bin/su: too many symbolic links encountered.

The same thing happens when I run the chmod 4755 /system/bin/su line too, same error.

Do you have any ideas for me? I'm in charge mode, not PC. Dont think it would make a difference.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones