• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If You Still Have Issues.....

HAHAHA the moron had this to say..
Idiot said:
Hello Chris,

I understand your frustration with this situation, especially with this being your second device with the issue. At this time, we have not received many, if any, contacts from customers regarding the freezing issue you have discribed. If the issue is as wide spread as you are stating, then customers are not contacting HTC about this problem. Without those customers informing us directly of such an issue, we have no way of tracking it or conducting testing to determine the cause of the issue so that it may be corrected. I highly encourage you to advise others that are having this problem ot e-mail us or contact us via phone at 1-866-449-8358 so we may begin tracking this issue. Please note that, at this time, I have advising you of what troubleshooting we have for this issue. If the troubleshooting steps I have you conduct do not correct the problem, we can look in to escalating the issue internally for further review. Before such an escalation can occur, however, all basic troubleshooting steps must be exhausted. If you are unwilling to conduct those steps, there is little to nothing we can do on this issue. I apologize for any frustration this situation may have caused you.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Idiot
Hello Chris,

I understand your frustration with this situation, especially with this being your second device with the issue. At this time, we have not received many, if any, contacts from customers regarding the freezing issue you have discribed. If the issue is as wide spread as you are stating, then customers are not contacting HTC about this problem. Without those customers informing us directly of such an issue, we have no way of tracking it or conducting testing to determine the cause of the issue so that it may be corrected. I highly encourage you to advise others that are having this problem ot e-mail us or contact us via phone at 1-866-449-8358 so we may begin tracking this issue. Please note that, at this time, I have advising you of what troubleshooting we have for this issue. If the troubleshooting steps I have you conduct do not correct the problem, we can look in to escalating the issue internally for further review. Before such an escalation can occur, however, all basic troubleshooting steps must be exhausted. If you are unwilling to conduct those steps, there is little to nothing we can do on this issue. I apologize for any frustration this situation may have caused you.

Let the phone calls begin! Hammer HTC on this one so that they make this issue right!

Upvote 0
Here's my reply:
me said:
I know you people are getting complaints about it from other people. I've talked to the other ones who have the same problem and they told me they've sent an email to you. I'll attach a couple videos so you can see it for yourself, because it did locked up on me last night, then I grabbed my brother's phone and recorded it.. What the problem is is that you people don't bother fully, or probably even just a little, testing your software before you send it on out to us. After what it did to me last night, my decision is to take it back to the store, get a third one..and if it decides to be a complete piece of crap like the other two, then I won't be buying HTC products any more. Perhaps MAYBE if you gave people the OPTION of having Sense on their phones, rather than forcing to use your buggy as hell android mod, things would be different. I'd LOVE for you to send this to a higher-up somewhere within HTC, I want them to read it so bad. If you don't do that, you could at least tell them next firmware update to leave Sense the hell off my Android device, because I've seen the newer version of it (called "Espresso" I believe) and it looks like complete crap. Another reason I'm considering switching to the Droid and never getting another HTC android device is because the Droid doesn't look like a toy like the Eris, because it's not tainted with crappy SenseUI. I guess this is the last Email I'm sending; it's clear you have no intention in helping me, because APPARENTLY NO ONE ELSE has had this problem but me. Just watch the attached videos and you'll see it.

Here was his reply to this message:
Idiot said:
Hello Chris, Sense UI is simply a home screen overlay that can be disabled. To disable it, press Home> Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage applications> HTC Sense. Once there, press Clear defaults under the heading 'Launch by default'. After that, return to the home screen and power the phone off, then back on. When the phone boots back up it will give you the option to launch Home or HTC Sense. Check the launch by default box and select Home to finish disabling HTC Sense. Please note that, when disabling HTC Sense, you also lose access to all of the HTC Widgets. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again or check HTC Smartphone Wiki - HTC as well. We also invite you to participate in our feedback survey at survey.htc.com/worldwide. We enjoy getting feedback from our customers and look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Joseph
Wow.. :rolleyes:
He's so much of an idiot he doesn't know that you don't have to reboot the phone after clearing defaults, and disabling the Sense doesn't do a damn thing but change the way your home screen looks.

Upvote 0
Here's my reply:

Here was his reply to this message:

Wow.. :rolleyes:
He's so much of an idiot he doesn't know that you don't have to reboot the phone after clearing defaults, and disabling the Sense doesn't do a damn thing but change the way your home screen looks.

Well he is correct in that, if you disable Sense UI you loose the HTC widgets. But truth be told, the Android UI is nowhere near as graphically pleasing IMO. But how does that address the issues everyone is having since the update? The issues at hand have zero to do with Sense--it's a matter of personal preference if you like the UI or not. Sorry...

Upvote 0
Well he is correct in that, if you disable Sense UI you loose the HTC widgets. But truth be told, the Android UI is nowhere near as graphically pleasing IMO. But how does that address the issues everyone is having since the update? The issues at hand have zero to do with Sense--it's a matter of personal preference if you like the UI or not. Sorry...
It doesn't address anything. HTC seems to be full of idiots. I've tried it, it doesn't remove all of the UI. The status bar area is unchanged. I really don't know anymore....

Upvote 0
Did you bother to read my other ones? He doesn't know how to help so he brought up the simplest thing in my first reply.
I like plain jane Android. The issues do have to do with Sense.. what else could they have to do with? Did you look the the pics I posted earlier? Tell me what process is force closing every time...

It doesn't address anything. HTC seems to be full of idiots. I've tried it, it doesn't remove all of the UI. The status bar area is unchanged. I really don't know anymore....
Yes all it does is change the home screen.. big whoop.

Upvote 0
i must have the magic touch. my storm 1 was awesome when i had it, my wife is on her 4th storm and they all sucked bad compared to the one i had.

my eris, fingers crossed, has had little to no problems as of yet.

ill reiterate all the calling and emailing in the world is not going to make htc or verizon do anything earlier then what has already been stated as far as bug fixes and upgrades.

that said, emailing them with specific bugs you find is probably a good idea so they know that going into testing on new builds.

Upvote 0
i must have the magic touch. my storm 1 was awesome when i had it, my wife is on her 4th storm and they all sucked bad compared to the one i had.

my eris, fingers crossed, has had little to no problems as of yet.

ill reiterate all the calling and emailing in the world is not going to make htc or verizon do anything earlier then what has already been stated as far as bug fixes and upgrades.

that said, emailing them with specific bugs you find is probably a good idea so they know that going into testing on new builds.
But if they're too stupid to acknowledge the fact that bugs are happening they're not going to test for them.

Upvote 0
they are not stupid, they are trained. they take your account of a bug, jot it down, apologize and read prompts from their computers cause that is what their job entails. simple as that.

and writing them with profanity and what not probably gets your email dropped right in the recycle bin.
Trained to be stupid? Gotcha.
If you had any of the problems you claim you DON'T, you'd be pissed too. I have a low tolerance when it comes to phones screwing up on me this frequently.. so sorry.

Upvote 0
trained not to admit failure of a device. it's all ties into legal contracts, liabilities, etc. they can't speak for verizon, they are damn sure not going to send you a new phone.
Please tell me where in my post that I said I expected them to send me a new phone.. please. It's their product, their software, so I'm talking to THEM about it, not Verizon.

Upvote 0
and you expect them to assume liability....they aren't going to do it....they are not stupid.

you assume the guy you talked to was stupid, you assume he lied to you when he told you he has not got a complaint about a eris locking up, that is a lot of assuming.

seemed to me he tried to help you out as best he could with the info he had available, he actually replied to your ridiculous emails berating htc when he didnt have to im sure.

looks to me like you actually got some decent service from them, the steps to disable sense ui he gave you are probably the official steps he copy and pasted from a form.

he even told you the steps to escalate the issue if you wanted to, have you taken those steps? or you thought "oh forget it"....

but apparently that isn't good enough, you come here to bad mouth a person doing there job and IMHO doing it well or at least the best he can with the info he had.

if you have that much of a problem with htc, and apparently you always disliked Sense, why in the world would you buy a phone with sense on it?

its like buying a lexus even though you hate lexus's, then signing up on a lexus forum to bad mouth your lexus......IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Upvote 0
I completely agree with you Caddy, Ataranine you are acting immature and while reading your reply back to the guy... what good does that do? If you are within your 30 days, return the phone and go get a Droid which does not have Sense UI and will be plain jane for you. Get over yourself and 'yelling' at someone through an email isn't going to get you anywhere. He told you how to disable the Sense UI so disable it and deal with it and stop crying.

Oh, and you don't need to reboot the phone after turning off Sense, might help, but still functions after you disable it. Quit being a baby and if you don't like the phone and what it comes with... good news... that is why Verizon offers a selection of phones to choose from. So go choose a different one and stop complaining.

Upvote 0
I completely agree with you Caddy, Ataranine you are acting immature and while reading your reply back to the guy... what good does that do? If you are within your 30 days, return the phone and go get a Droid which does not have Sense UI and will be plain jane for you. Get over yourself and 'yelling' at someone through an email isn't going to get you anywhere. He told you how to disable the Sense UI so disable it and deal with it and stop crying.

Oh, and you don't need to reboot the phone after turning off Sense, might help, but still functions after you disable it. Quit being a baby and if you don't like the phone and what it comes with... good news... that is why Verizon offers a selection of phones to choose from. So go choose a different one and stop complaining.
Maybe because VZW wants to charge people to change models? Maybe because we are angry that we expect a certain level decent customer service and good working device. The point is, the Eris users have a very good reason to be upset, this is part of the reason why I created this thread in the first place. Its a thread where people can vent and get informed as to what to do when the Eris acts up. If you don't like what is being said here, go to another thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones