1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

If your email apps or others are crashing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Mar 22, 2021.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. McNeal

McNeal Lurker

Thank you

ocnbrze and markdoc like this.
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Or updating the app with the latest release is also the fix.

ocnbrze, Dannydet and markdoc like this.
  5. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

When I checked, there wasn't an update available. At Google Play, the only choice I had was to uninstall. I'm glad Google posted an update. It would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Also, keep checking for updates. They released another update after the first one. The first one didn't fix all the problems.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ironmlh

ironmlh Lurker

I have same issue but have no option to uninstall or update. I can't do anything at all with Android system webview on my phone, nothing.

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have just to be sure?

markdoc likes this.
  9. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

No issues with my phone, yet.
    I see that the webview app has an update, this morning. Not going to install until this gets sorted out.
    Question though, Mark. Did you uninstall the app, or disable it? My phone only has the disable option.

markdoc likes this.
  10. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

My phone only had the disable option too. So I went to the Play Store and that had uninstall. That's where I uninstalled it. The first update didn't fix every app but the second update seems to work so far.

PitCarver likes this.
  11. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I have the LG V40 ThinQ with Android 10.0

PitCarver likes this.
  12. ironmlh

ironmlh Lurker

S7

13. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

You have to go to the Play store to uninstall it. But by now you should be able to update the app.

PitCarver and ocnbrze like this.
  14. ironmlh

ironmlh Lurker

There is no option to uninstall, update or otherwise in Google Play Store. It is disabled on my phone (not by me) with no option to enable.

15. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you see this thru the play store? try your phone's settings and see if you can enable it there

16. ironmlh

ironmlh Lurker

I've been to settings and google play store, no unstinstall, update or enable or anything shows up. I see the program but that's about it. Someone recommended disabling Chrome, which I did, and now the Update button shows up in Play Store...but of course it doesn't update it just says pending forever.

17. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Are you using an LG V40? They should all be the same. No matter what phone you're using, read the article I posted at the beginning. It has other options to try.

PitCarver likes this.
  18. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I just found that you answered the phone question. You have an S7. That's why you can't use our solutions. This forum is specifically for the LG V40, that's the title of it. You'll get more relevant information if you look in the group for your phone. I'm not trying to argue, just trying to help you. You won't get answers to your phone's issues here because most of us use the same LG V40 phone.

19. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Think I'll simply wait a day or two and update to the corrected app, since I'm not having issues.

Don't know what I'd have done if I did though. I hate trying to diagnose issues on my phone.

markdoc likes this.
  20. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

You're a smart man. I tried everything short of factory reset. Luckily I stumbled over an article about the issue just before. I have used the current updates and they did work for me. Good luck!

PitCarver likes this.
  21. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Disabling chrome also works.

The update to Android Webview has fixed the entire issue. You can update chrome and update webview and everything should be fine and back to normal no mattter what phone you use.

markdoc likes this.

LG V40 ThinQ Forum

The LG V40 ThinQ release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews