• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If your Optimus V is working properly talk about it.

Have had mine over a month now. After I rooted it I had battery and connectivity issues. Installed
AsopcMod Angeles honeycomb go launcher with juice defender and now its fast and battery lasts twice as long. For my connectivity problem I used a copper wire and made my own external-internal antenna...full bars all the time instead of one. Since these fixes I have no complaints and it is the best phone little money can buy.

This is the one problem with the internet to many dreamers come here trying to convince everyone he can walk on water,i am surprised he did not mention he soldered in a 2 GHz cpu,i bet you can sail a boat in the middle of the Atlantic and it gets full bars,did you watch one to many episodes of MacGyver.

Upvote 0
All I have to say is my optimus v is amazing. I picked it up last night at bestbuy and had it rooted and running bumblebee this morning. Its overclocked at 825mhz and im loving every second of it. Its just as smooth as my droid x was running at 1.2ghz. Not one problem so far. 3G connectivity is great, and no TWS battery drain(because of bumblebee XD).

snap20110721013822.png

Upvote 0
The new BACKside ROM is out and I've installed it on my "V" its been a super Rom so far,and there working on getting all the bugs worked out as I type.Bluetooth(pairs and connects but audio borked) and usb mass storage(can't read the SD card contents with out puling the SD card out of phone) seem to be the only major bugs. I have did some benchmark testing on it and it behaves really well at 787Hz-480Hz interactive. This means Angry Birds is super smooth and fast, so most games should be great as well. Its been passing with flying colors all the stability tests at that speed as well. Through all this demanding stability testing(over 40 solid minutes),the battery Temp hasn't gone above 28.0 C....If you don't need bluetooth and can deal with having to put your SD card into your PC to read and transfer info.,then you might want to check it out in the All Things Root section. If you need bluetooth and or usb mass storage to work,keep checking in that section,there making improvements on a daily basis.

Upvote 0
It sux that alot of people were or are having problems with there Optimus V. So far i've had mines for a week now, and the only thing i've seen it do is reset itself one time. Now who knows I may have problems tomorrow, but for now its been a bad ass phone.
snap20110602_041832.png

snap20110602_041837.png

:D

I've had mine since March, and the phone is working great! It is rooted, with Reborn Rom and Xionia Recovery. :)

Upvote 0
4 days of owning the V and loving it.
Had to jump on the 25/plan before the price increased.
300mins and unlimited data/internet is perfect for my needs.

Only issue I had was getting the 3G service started when I activated the phone.
(a phone call to virginmobile and 5 minutes later it was up and running)

Very first smartphone as well.
So many cool apps to play around with.
It does kind of make me want the triumph for the bigger screen though.

Prepaid users finally have nice smartphones to use.

Upvote 0
The new BACKside ROM is out and I've installed it on my "V" its been a super Rom so far,and there working on getting all the bugs worked out as I type.Bluetooth(pairs and connects but audio borked) and usb mass storage(can't read the SD card contents with out puling the SD card out of phone) seem to be the only major bugs. I have did some benchmark testing on it and it behaves really well at 787Hz-480Hz interactive. This means Angry Birds is super smooth and fast, so most games should be great as well. Its been passing with flying colors all the stability tests at that speed as well. Through all this demanding stability testing(over 40 solid minutes),the battery Temp hasn't gone above 28.0 C....If you don't need bluetooth and can deal with having to put your SD card into your PC to read and transfer info.,then you might want to check it out in the All Things Root section. If you need bluetooth and or usb mass storage to work,keep checking in that section,there making improvements on a daily basis.

I've been very happy with the Optimus V as well. Had it on stock ROM for a couple of weeks to see what it's capable of stock. And now rooted & running IHO/BACKside CM7.1 ROM, it's supersmooth, good battery drain. The SDcard issue has been fixed in more recent builds. The BT issue is being worked on. Also to note is faster USB charging than stock. Google Navigation doesn't crash like on stock ROM. Lots of new kernel updates went into the source repository today too (a new build should be out soon). At this pace this ROM could run better than an official Gingerbread update from LG/VM.

Upvote 0
I've had mine since about March and it has worked really well ever since. The handful of minor problems that have come up so far have been easily fixed. It works pretty much flawlessly. As I'm sure others have said, sometimes there are apps that I have problems with, but that isn't really the phone. I have had it reboot itself a handful of times for seemingly no reason, but it powered back up just fine. And the swype keyboard will freeze up every once in a while, but that is usually when I'm using it a lot and have done something glitchy while using it that might have cause that problem.

It is also a very durable phone. I've only had to put one screen protector on since I got it and I've dropped it a few times without the case and it didn't damage it in the least bit!

I completely love this phone. :)

Upvote 0
mine works great too. Only complaint I have is the 200MB internal memory, which seems rather limiting for power users like myself. Wish I had known before I got it!

I just finished rooting it, am looking for ROMS and whatnot to put on it (any suggestions?) but right at the moment I am trying to get the Swype beta to go into the system partition and quit taking up 8+ megs of my user memory.

Upvote 0
mine works great too. Only complaint I have is the 200MB internal memory, which seems rather limiting for power users like myself. Wish I had known before I got it!

I just finished rooting it, am looking for ROMS and whatnot to put on it (any suggestions?) but right at the moment I am trying to get the Swype beta to go into the system partition and quit taking up 8+ megs of my user memory.
Harmonia 1.3 will solve your problems. Trust me. Every preinstalled app that Lesile Ann could take off she did. It is the best ROM for you . 8MB for swype beta don't mean nothing. Install it then you will see what all the hype is about. You will spend more time trying to put swype beta in the system partition,than just installing Harmonia 1.3(I speak from having installed it on my phone as my first custom ROM). It's not the fastest,it's just the most stable,with the most room for apps,and the ability to put more apps on the SD card with ease. Install it ,then if you still just got to have Swype beta on the system partition,you can figure it out(I really doubt that after you install Harmonia that you will be concerned about 8MB on your phone) I hope this will help in some way. Thats all,AndyOpie150

Upvote 0
Harmonia 1.3 will solve your problems. Trust me. Every preinstalled app that Lesile Ann could take off she did. It is the best ROM for you . 8MB for swype beta don't mean nothing. Install it then you will see what all the hype is about. You will spend more time trying to put swype beta in the system partition,than just installing Harmonia 1.3(I speak from having installed it on my phone as my first custom ROM). It's not the fastest,it's just the most stable,with the most room for apps,and the ability to put more apps on the SD card with ease. Install it ,then if you still just got to have Swype beta on the system partition,you can figure it out(I really doubt that after you install Harmonia that you will be concerned about 8MB on your phone) I hope this will help in some way. Thats all,AndyOpie150

aren't you running BackSide ROM or something? It's listed in your equipment list under your picture.

I know you've sent me several links recently -- are any of those specifically for harmonia?

If I'm being a pain in your neck then please let me know -- I just don't want to have to troll all your posts for the link when I get ready to do it (which will be soon).

Also, if I want to make a FULL backup before installing Harmonia, then what should I do? I have Titanium free already installed.

Upvote 0
Mine is working great, although this is the 2nd one. The first one I returned to Best Buy after 2 weeks because it stopped charging properly. I'm just glad it did it after 2 weeks and not a year.

The replacement has been perfect aside from a constant hissing sound through headphones that keeps me from replacing my iPod Touch completely. I've read other people on the forum don't have this problem, but I've read elsewhere people having similar problems, so it seems like the luck of the draw. They must assemble them in several factories or don't consistently use the same parts considering the randomness of the problems that do pop up for some segments and not for others.

Upvote 0
9 months and going strong. Stock, unrooted for 7 months, no problems. Rooted for 2 months, no problems. No custom ROMs and my free space never goes below 100mb. Everything is fast and smooth (why bother with a customer ROM?). Only minor complaints:

1. audio quality through speaker
2. audio volume through jack
3. small screen

All of which I can live with.

Upvote 0
About 2 months with it now. Some things weird I've noticed.

After going through settings to check on things or something, I click home. Then click the Messaging icon, and it brings me back to the last settings page I was at. Will continue to do it until I backspace until it goes back to messaging.

When I slide to unlock the phone, the slider stays slid over for 10 seconds, then unlocks.

Contacts loose all names, just shows numbers.

Have to restart phone sometimes because it will not surf web. Normal I guess.

Upvote 0
I'm still really happy with it too. Unrooted stock, though I use Go Launcher EX and a lot of other GO apps to replace stock ones like contacts/dialer and SMS and weather widgets. Occasionally I think of rooting to be able to move more apps to SD, but it's not a big deal, I still have all the apps I want. Battery lasts well for a smartphone. Service is good and consistent for me - the occasional airplane mode trick fixes any temp issues (I should qualify that by saying it works great for me everywhere I use it except NYC - I lost data a lot more often there than I do at home or anywhere else I use it).

I don't see replacing it anytime soon.

I keep a hard case on it and have dropped it a few times, all is well. I do NOT keep a screen protector on it and recently got a scratch from my carelessness, put it in a beach bag with keys and junk. But the scratch is up in the corner where the VM logo is, not even on the visible screen area, so no biggie.

I got the $25 a month plan and am grandfathered in with both of my kids (who use non-smart phones on that plan because they text a ton, still better than any other VM plan even without the data). I like that they can upgrade to a Droid at some point and still keep that plan (they've already lost and found their phones a few times so we've done phone swaps without losing the $25 plan, in case anyone wondered if changing phones kills it...apparently it does not).

I broke even and started saving over my old Verizon plan LONG ago, even though it cost me $350 to buy myself out of that contract.

Upvote 0
Well its been 5 months since i've had my bad ass Optimus V and I cannot complain really. The only problem i've been having is once a week or so my txt message force closes and i'll have to reset my phone to make it stop. Other than that its a champ, I don't wanna get rid of it and I plan on keeping it for at least another 7 months...I like to keep my phones for at least a yr or more before I upgrade, but i'm stuck. I want the Triumph cause of the screen size and processor, then again I love my optimus so much I want the LG Slider, cause I also love QWERTY keyboards, plus it comes with FLASH and with 2.3 Gingerbread. Now i'm hearing about this Wildfire S...which also comes out with 2.3 Gingerbread, plus its a HTC phone. So.....yeah in 7 months one of these will be my next phone, but i'm sure by then VM will have announced more smartphones...lol.

Upvote 0
I've had mine about 3 months, no problems to speak of. It was definitely the right choice to leave Verizon at $48 / month for 450 mintues and move to Virgin Mobile for $45 / month with 1200 mintues and unlimited talk and text. No brainer.

Oh wait, I should say that I could never get the car's bluetooth to work well with it. I posted on this forum and tried everything I could, but eventually I just gave up. I was very unhappy at the time, because my other phone paired perfectly. But I guess I've gotten over it. Nine out of 10 stars because of the bluetooth issue.

Upvote 0
I've got mine a few days ago, and I've been thoroughly impressed by the the look amd feel of the device, the display, and how well it works. I went from having a Crackberry to the Samsung Intercept, bricked it, back to the Crackberry, then finally to the LG Optimus V. I hope to be able to keep this phone for a long time.

My only complaint about my phone in particular is how quick it used to drain the battery (which was from the TWOS issue, worked around by leaving the WiFi sleep policy set to "never").

Upvote 0
Mine is still working perfectly after several months. Unrooted stock. Battery lasts all day easily. I just plug in at night to charge. My wife can't say the same about her iphone 3G. She has to charge it two or three times a day. I have even occasionally used it for 2 days before recharging (very light use, though).

Upvote 0
Mine is still working perfectly after several months. Unrooted stock. Battery lasts all day easily. I just plug in at night to charge.
I have even occasionally used it for 2 days before recharging (very light use, though).

Yep, me too. I own two extra batteries (cheap ebay ones) I bought for 3-4 day camping trips, but other than camping I've never had to use them.

I plug in at night; the phone replaced my clock radio/alarm. I don't bother charging it any other time except in the car. When I am on long trips I run Nav and Pandora (thru car speakers) and the screen is constantly on - those would drain it fast if I didn't have a car charger.

I still love this phone. Occasional space issues aside.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones