• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you're on the fence about upgrading to a Rezound, better act fast

Yeah, but it's not like we can do too much about it. Unless you want to go to T-Mobile. They only charge $18. Of course, you get their wonderful service coverage and blazing "4G" speeds........

It depends on how married you are to your phone. I think if enough people actually remember what it was like not being tethered to an electronic device and decided to stop using cell phones then maybe Verizon and the other telecommunication giants would reign in their greed. Of course, most positions (even the lesser jobs out there) require that you are tethered either a cell phone, email, or text. I guess E-shackles are the latest in the slave scene....

Upvote 0
It's amazing how one company starts some stupid trend like this and then its perfectly ok for all the other companies to adopt the same thing, even though they are screwing over customers. $30 to upgrade, $350 to opt out of contract, etc. And nothing we can do about it if we want a decent phone with decent coverage.

Upvote 0
wanna hear how angry i am as an indirect agent?

verizon just cut our god damn commissions by around 10% to all single-line plans, and to family plans that are just UPGRADES.

i say to my boss: are you kidding me? verizon is introducing a $30 upgrade fee for EVERY PHONE that gets billed to their account, so we DON'T see that $30 in our pay, AND NOW THEY'RE CUTTING OUR COMMISSIONS ON UPGRADES?

verizon is robbing customers of that $30, and now robbing authorized retailers of 10%, effectively screwing EVERYBODY while making record profits and gains.

i'm over verizon, i really am. thinking about leaving more and more every day after being with them since 1997.

and i flat out told my boss i've lost all incentive to ever sell someone a phone on an upgrade. the only incentive we now have is selling a top tier smartphone on a new activation. what a god damn joke.

Upvote 0
How long are people going to stand for these things just to have the hottest new phones? I love verizon because everywhere I have been it just has the best coverage..
verizon for me has always been slightly cheaper than at&t and t-mobile did not even work where I was living for the past 3 years.
I dont really know what to do about this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones