• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iHeart Radio for Droid!

I guess my point is not that radio is better than digital audio (I've taken to using my Droid while driving instead of my radio). But the idea of an app that just plays the banal, mainstream, boring, corporate bs from Clear Channel is beyond me. Why not use something an app like Streamfurious or DroidLive that lets you listen to any station in the country with streaming audio.

Seriously guys, the problem with America today is that we poor so much money into big corporations like Clear Channel that has destroyed artistic and independent music production and broadcasting. Sad, sad state of affairs.

Upvote 0
You're right, it is a different issue. I just get so frustrated by people who get *excited* by Clear Channel.

Streamfurious and DroidLive both have free versions that work perfectly well. Plus, it's not like I'm a Communist who wants to convert to a barter-based economy. I'd just rather give my app $ to small/independent developers rather than helping expand CC's global domination.

Upvote 0
Um...am I missing something? It's not like I can't already hear the formulaic, sterile crap that Clear Channel produces no matter where I am in the U.S. Why do I need an app for something that I can get by just turning on the radio, no matter whether I'm in Alaska or Alabama?

Three words: Sirius Satellite Radio

NEVER have to listen to crappy, watered down terrestrial radio EVER again.

Upvote 0
You're right, it is a different issue. I just get so frustrated by people who get *excited* by Clear Channel.

Streamfurious and DroidLive both have free versions that work perfectly well. Plus, it's not like I'm a Communist who wants to convert to a barter-based economy. I'd just rather give my app $ to small/independent developers rather than helping expand CC's global domination.

Some of us get excited because Clear Channel doesn't JUST do crappy corporate radio (admitted, that is a big part though).

My reasons are their AM offerings. I regularly listen to KLAC (AM 570 in Los Angeles, flagship for Fox Sports Radio). I also occasionally listen to KFI AM 640 (news talk radio). KLAC is hands down the best sports radio station in Southern Cal (ESPN Radio is TERRIBLE)...

Since I don't have a radio at work, but am able to use a headset, this app is a must have!

Upvote 0
Why do people have to leave a hate comment in this thread. If you don't like CC, good for you, but last I checked we are human beings and can think for ourselves. Not to mention this wasn't a review thread. Thanks to the other poster for putting up the 3pm est. Info that I was actually looking for, not the communist view that we should all think the same and hate CC.

Upvote 0
Why do people have to leave a hate comment in this thread. If you don't like CC, good for you, but last I checked we are human beings and can think for ourselves. Not to mention this wasn't a review thread. Thanks to the other poster for putting up the 3pm est. Info that I was actually looking for, not the communist view that we should all think the same and hate CC.

You are very welcome! I was searching for it myself cause I cant wait to get my hands on this :) Have a gr8 Xmas Eve:)

Upvote 0
here's a QR code for it.

qrcode.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones