• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IK4 now out through NPS in the UK.

I just updated my galaxy on O2 contract, updated fine, but when I tried to update my other galaxy, unlocked on 3 network, it said there was an update for ik4, hit the button to update and it said "No file to download".

Is this due to the other galaxy not being on O2? If so will a quick swap of the sim to my O2 one work for the update, and will the phone remain unlocked after the update?
no it means the csc is not o2's on the device
you will probably need to use odin to flash it

Upvote 0
I've downloaded the latest NPS from samsungmobile.co.uk and it still won't see my phone. I last updated the firmware with the last official update... anyone else had this?

Really, REALLY shoddy user experience, although I'm not sure why I expect anything different from Samsung.

Try Samsung FUS Downloader to download the fw and Odin to flash it.
Read the sticky threads in this forum for details.

Upvote 0
I've downloaded the latest NPS from samsungmobile.co.uk and it still won't see my phone. I last updated the firmware with the last official update... anyone else had this?

Really, REALLY shoddy user experience, although I'm not sure why I expect anything different from Samsung.
Debug mode on? Otherwise control panel and remove everything samsung and reinstall. Works eventually.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys ... had fun guessing combos of usb mount, debug (Settings-Applications-Application Settings-Development for those that just try and use this as a phone and arent hacking every day ;)), windows warnings and desires to install new device drivers, NPS warnings about last update must not have terminated well blah blah blah.

Not a device for the consumer for sure... :thinking: .... prosumers and hackers only..

Upvote 0
guys

i thinkive installed correctly, firmware says its updated in themenu however i did not lose any data or apps.

does this mean its not worked or is it normal?

i was expecting to lose everything after a firmware upgrade??

Yeah I think this happens when you update with NPS - or at least it happened to me, twice. It's all for the good anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones