• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IK5 - latest official firmware is out on NPC for Italy!

Well I cannot say if it is IK5 or Voice recorder app, but on IK4 I didn't have this prob. Some others also reported that phone doesn't go to sleep as it should be and the prob was found in Voice recorder app which starts itself and remains active. It drains battery a lot and now I was forced to uninstall the app because of that. I found some other apps behave hyperactive in the background (and only on IK5, not IK4) and force closing them time by time seems OK, but annoying. Anyhow it seems that only Voice Recorder was somehow killing the battery because without it I got 1 day extra, from 1 to 2 to be precise ;) .

Upvote 0
Hi I am wondering if there might be a problem with sleep on IK5 yesterday I installed "Bebbled" a game, and after closing the game the phone would not sleep 100% active had to turn of the phone "reboot" and after, all back to normal.I have not used IK4 and did not have a problem with II5. Could this be caused by the 3D gaming being activated in IK4 and IK5 ?

Upvote 0
HELP!!!
I was trying to replace II5 GalaxHero rom with Ik5, but the phone got stuck on samsung logo screen. Then I tried to pull out battery and turn on again - no changes.
Tried to flash with Odin to II5 - same thing happens, stuck on samsung logo screen.
When I try to enter recovery mode (vol. down+green phone+red phone) it shows me exclamation mark picture.
What should I do???
Should I try to install recovery again, using quick recovery?

Upvote 0
HELP!!!
I was trying to replace II5 GalaxHero rom with Ik5, but the phone got stuck on samsung logo screen. Then I tried to pull out battery and turn on again - no changes.
Tried to flash with Odin to II5 - same thing happens, stuck on samsung logo screen.
When I try to enter recovery mode (vol. down+green phone+red phone) it shows me exclamation mark picture.
What should I do???
Should I try to install recovery again, using quick recovery?
press the home key in the recovery (with exclamation) to bring up the restore and restore it.

my guess is that there are parts of galaxo settings on there that is causing a conflict

Upvote 0
How about making an apps black list on the forum ,it might force the dev's to do somthing and save our members wasting time on no good apps.
As for the sleep problem Informale ,I had used taskiller etc.. but to no eveil had to shut down the phone,it happens every now and then,tryed to follow it with "logcat" and Sensors appeared often could it have somthing to do with the gyro and tilt fonction ?Will try and reproduce the problem,but as you say so many other factors to consider.

Upvote 0
I think I solved the problem, unfortunately before Rastaman-FB told me how.
In recovery mode (with exclamation) I accidently pressed top left menu button, phone restarted and after that it loaded without problem.
Just one question, during the flashing with Odin, when it comes to that progress bar, it comes only to about 1/10 (takes about a minute, maybe less) and it restarts then. Shouldn't it load to the end? Same thing happening on both II5 and IK5 softwares.

Upvote 0
I think I solved the problem, unfortunately before Rastaman-FB told me how.
In recovery mode (with exclamation) I accidently pressed top left menu button, phone restarted and after that it loaded without problem.
Just one question, during the flashing with Odin, when it comes to that progress bar, it comes only to about 1/10 (takes about a minute, maybe less) and it restarts then. Shouldn't it load to the end? Same thing happening on both II5 and IK5 softwares.
took about 2-3 mins for me.
5 mins total including phone reboot back to os

Upvote 0
I'm quite certain that my phone doesn't sleep properly with IK4 and IK5 firmwares. It sleeps properly for some time, then something happens and it doesn't sleep. I can't figure out the problem but it's not related with usage or physical properties (like touching a button etc.)

I'm on II3 now and I'm not experiencing this problem. I'll test II5 after this, I suppose it will run correctly on my phone.

I saw another guy experiencing sleep issues with IK4-5 in a Turkish forum.

Upvote 0
I am encountering a very strange bug/hardware problem, it happens every time I visit my local town, at home I recieve an edge signal, the local town has a very weak 3G signal,so the phone is always jumping from edge to 3G. I suppose this could be what causes the bug.My phone becomes unstable screen flickers and the phone goes into lock mode if I try and unlock the screen it goes blank and then back to lock mode if I insist on the unlock button the camera switches on ! I can not receive any calls they cut out after one ring and I can not call as the phone is in lock mode or camera mode :( when I get back home all is in order again. I am going to put the phone back to the official II5 see if that changes the problem, if not will contact my telehone provider. Very wierd :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hey ,

its just a week ago that i bought my samsung galaxy. The first thing i noticed was that the battery didnt last long. It was at abt 50% in the night and in the morning the phone was dead :(.
So read abt this in forums and decided to try my hand at flashing the firmware. Tried with the latest IK5, and feel that along with the "Advanced Task Killer Free" app, this firmware update is pretty good. Now i dont face the same battery problems i had bfore. Infact now, my phone lasts for more than 24 hrs with light to moderate use (2hrs music, 4hrs Wifi n background data on, 25 min calls n 2hrs of reading a book).

Upvote 0
Well I cannot say if it is IK5 or Voice recorder app

:)

Hi Jazzerather, I'm from HR also, and I just bought i7500. I would like to upgrade firmware! I downloaded IK5 version from samsung-firmware.webs.com Which version do you use and where can I download it?

It would be great if i could export this ROM so I can flash it back in case of some problems (i think that flashing voids guarantee in Tele2 ) . Can this be done and how?

Upvote 0
Reading here it seems some people have problem with putting the phone to sleep - i am on the L3 fw and battery life is good on it - but the thing is that b4 this i was on the IK4 and battery wasn't half bad on that either - the only thing is that i use this app called "Automatic Task Killer" - it can be set to kill all active apps as soon as the phone is put to sleep - it can also be used to kill background services but it is not recommended unless u know what your doing - but for conserving battery life - it works really well - it kills all the active / background apps soon as the phone goes to sleep - might help those who are looking to improve battery life

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones