• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'll be sixty this year...

I get up every morning around 5:30, make coffee, get the paper, feed and walk the dogs, take a shower and go to work. When I'm walking the dogs I go past a retirement home where old men sit and wave for me to come by so they can pet the dogs for a minute or two. One says it is the highlight of his day. Wasn't I shocked to find out he's only two years older than me. He looks 20 years older.

Mind you, I do enjoy a good porch, but it has to include my lovely wife, a fine cigar and a snifter of Cognac (VSOP, of course. ;) )

Upvote 0
I'm happy knowing I'm not alone. Aside from school, been working since i was 13, and the thought of not having my 8-12 hours a weekday out of my house keeping busy, scares the shit out of me.
Lots of folks I've worked with take that as a joke from me; they speak of sitting on a beach, jigsaw puzzles, drinking on the porch, enjoying the sunset/sunrise yeah blah blah.
I'm married. 4 kids, ranging from diaper age to college student, and another on the way(!)... Lol. And I'm 40.
Honestly, I see the beach as a shoreline with dark 45 degree salt water and a bunch of towel clutching jerks scattered about. @dontpanicbobby we're almost neighbors lol, North shore... An empty beach, to me is still just a beach, nothing more. I don't see how palm trees and sunshine make it paradise...?
Very seldom drinker, no recreational funny stuff, to the surprise of a LOT of people.... I'm just, asocial in a way. Acquired taste. I don't have/want any friends, just acquaintances (it's complicated lol)... So a social life after retiring leaves my wife and kids pretty much, and they drive me insane in large doses.  I'm a mechanical/electronic tinkerer, former HVAC tech, auto mechanic, now in physical plant, great gig. Work has always been my love, my drive, my escape. I'd die without it. And did any of you see Family Guy's portrayal of Dick Cheney as a Walmart greeter? That would be me.
People say wait 20 years and it's guaranteed that I'll change my mind. Lol nope...

Upvote 0
Lol I love my job! :D

but one thing that absolutely and just seriously scares the living hell out of me is I hope I live to reach 35! :(

I am in love my work but not some of the extremely scary baggage that comes attached with it :(

sorry if there are a million typos as this os from my phone haha

Also the money is completely insane!

but there is that one tiny part of extreme fear that death might lurk around the next corner :'(

but makes me appreciate life just so mich more though that's one awesome part of it :)

I want to live forever and forever!!

I also want to start maybe opening up my own engineering company now and make my own reactors etc. :D

hehe lol :D

I was going to call my company either "EKSE ENGINEERING" look I really like this name as a lot of people love to say ek se haha but I think nobody else will get what it means hehe

and the other name I absolutely love is "Halo Engineering" or just Halo :)

Almost like saying "hello" in a way but it is actually got a very loving and caring connotation entwined with a Godly element - the kind of extremely loving person I truly am :)

"edit" sorry its difficult typing this from my phone haha but hopefully I get enough capital to start it some day and become something a bit more important in the world but right now o just want to love for longer haha

I want to live to maybe about 80 hopefully 100 :)

but don't think about retirement buddy!!!!

there is so much to do out there!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
and talking about awesome adventures check out what I saved today from 100 crazy people trying to run away these tortoises! :D

Sony retire buddy!!!! Do something awesome and save some tortoises!!!

I saved three today that were trying to run across the road o to the train tracks on the other side with a million cars riding up and down (not a million but a few but still...) trying hard to get themselves killed. And some of the motorists were hooting at me like as if I was crazy and on drugs running in the middle of the road hehe hehe :D

they were quite rude and hid inside their shells not even saying hello! Ungrateful bastards!Sheesh! Somebody saves your life and that's how they treat you? XD

Attachments

• WP_20170614_14_58_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170614_14_58_55_Pro.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 77
  • WP_20170614_14_59_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170614_14_59_16_Pro.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 118
  • WP_20170614_15_00_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170614_15_00_40_Pro.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones