• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'll start this off.

Well it looks as if some stores received stock early and some have purchased it already as a result, some complaints include the screen is draining the battery too fast etc etc.....https://plus.google.com/communities/106249882026636369150

Keep in mind that the battery doesn't reach its full capacity until after the first 5 or so charge/discharge cycles. Also, the person who said the battery was draining her screen is coming from having the original zmax. I mention this because the zmax pro has the same size battery as the original zmax, but it has a larger screen with more than twice as many pixels than the display in the old zmax. This means that of course the display is going to use more power compared to the display in the original zmax. Lastly, a lot of people use their new phone a lot more heavily in the first few days than they did with their old phone, so the battery drains faster because they are putting a heavier load on it.
These are all things to consider when reading someone who says the battery is draining fast, less than 24 hours after getting the phone.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
Keep in mind that the battery doesn't reach its full capacity until after the first 5 or so charge/discharge cycles. Also, the person who said the battery was draining her screen is coming from having the original zmax. I mention this because the zmax pro has the same size battery as the original zmax, but it has a larger screen with more than twice as many pixels than the display in the old zmax. This means that of course the display is going to use more power compared to the display in the original zmax. Lastly, a lot of people use their new phone a lot more heavily in the first few days than they did with their old phone, so the battery drains faster because they are putting a heavier load on it.
These are all things to consider when reading someone who says the battery is draining fast, less than 24 hours after getting the phone.
Well I know these things and was just quoting what she was saying...........

Reactions: k28king1
Upvote 0
Well I know these things and was just quoting what she was saying...........

I gotcha. Don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to jump down your throat just putting some info out there for everyone. I just picked up one earlier today and so far I have gotten 4hr 20min of screen on time with brightness at 50% and I still have 21% left. I'd say that's pretty good for a 6" 1080p display.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones