• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Im #1 Ditching Droid

Looking forward to some Official/Final concrete info/specs on this device.

Wonder what the supposed hardware change is.

Also would like to know -
Disable BLUR completely on Shadow?
Accessories, hope the Shadow has car docking magnets like the Droid.
Wanting to see the back of Shadow followed by some screenies of software firmware, internal storage etc etc etc...

I'm getting rid of my Incredible, for a number of issues...

The Shadow just put sprinkles on my dessert.

Upvote 0
Looking forward to some Official/Final concrete info/specs on this device.

Wonder what the supposed hardware change is.

Also would like to know -
Disable BLUR completely on Shadow?
Accessories, hope the Shadow has car docking magnets like the Droid.
Wanting to see the back of Shadow followed by some screenies of software firmware, internal storage etc etc etc...

I'm getting rid of my Incredible, for a number of issues...

The Shadow just put sprinkles on my dessert.

Yea Blur can be disabled without even having to root... so if you dont like it its nbd

Upvote 0
Yea Blur can be disabled without even having to root... so if you dont like it its nbd

Yes, for all devices that are already out w/ Blur, this is true.
Won't really know about new version of blur or this shadow codenamed device until some official news or until someone gets ahold of this device.
Either way, this device looks promising.

Upvote 0
Also, just because it might have the ability to be disabled doesn't mean it won't have an effect on the speed at which Moto will stay on top of Android OS updates.

I wish they'd leave BLUR on their low-end, teen-focused devices like the Devour and Cliq. It would be much easier to keep up with Google's pace if they stopped forcing custom UIs on everyone. HTC is just as guilty w/ Sense.

Upvote 0
im kinda excited about an upgraded version of motoblur, i like it well enough on my devour but a fresh look would be nice, i dont notice any slowdown on my device and its got a much slower processor so i imagine a faster cpu plus android 2.2 being blazing fast already i doubt that blur will affect speed in any way. i would like some more info on the droid 2 just because it has a keyboard. why dont we have a pre release forum for that? and how does the processor in the shadow match up against that snapdragon in the incredible?

Upvote 0
how does the processor in the shadow match up against that snapdragon in the incredible?

According to the Quadrant app's full benchmark test, the Shadow smokes the Snapdragon (in the Incredible.)
Its not even close.
Just imagine if the Shadow was tested running 2.1 with Quadrant!!! EEEK!!!!!!
An upgrade to Froyo with the Shadow would just be earth shattering increase in speed/performance...

I second the idea for a Sub Forum for the Motorola Droid 2... I know alot of people locally where I live are already talking about it as well as the Shadow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones