1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm 19 years old and student and plan to buy an evo soon: will my 'credit' be aproblem?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by rahuldang, Aug 18, 2010.

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Member

just wondering because im on a couple of waiting lists and if they call me in, the account will be in my name and im a 19 year old college student. i dont have any unpaid tickets or unpaid bills or whatever. and i tried checking my credit online, but the website says that it can't display my credit for some reason. should i be worried? will i be denied the evo at the sprint store because of my credit? i put my moms info on the same site to check credit and hers came back fine, that's why im a little worried. any and all comments are greatly appreciated! thanks!

2. You should be ok. Sprint approved me, and I have horrible credit (Beacon below 600). While they'll probably put a spending limit on your account, it should be something reasonable (For example, you can't go over 200 dollars a month). Worst case scenario...they ask for a deposit, but you get that back.

Might as well have them run your credit at the store.

What do you have to lose?

3. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry. My credit is shit and Sprint offered me a 2-year contract.

T-Mobile and Verizon, however, declined me because of my bad credit. Weird.

4. emoore911

emoore911 Newbie

Sprint doesn't "decline" anyone. They will however ask for a $150.00 deposit and probably assign a credit limit. After one year of on time payments they will apply the $150 to your bill and remove the spending limit.

5. alansauce

alansauce Member

If you're worried you can call sprint and have them check and start an account without the phone. If it's all fine then they'll give you a account number for when you activate the phone.

6. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

+1
    good idea.. OP should do this.. to ease your mind

7. BlackDave

BlackDave Newbie

I am 19 years old and a college student with one unpaid medical bill (I think)

Sprint charged me $100 deposit fee and I have a $150 spending limit (if I go over my line gets disconnected until I bring my balance under).

So I think you should be fine if you call instead of going online