1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm a new user on Xperia X8

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LukeTiffany, Dec 23, 2011.

1. LukeTiffany

LukeTiffany Lurker

Okay. Hello guys, I'm new here!
    I just bought an Xperia X8. The problem is, i can't connect to my house internet. I don't know why. I was able to detect my neighbourhood's internets, except for mine. Specifically mine. I dont even know why.

1 more thing. There's like a 3G logo on top of the phone menu beside the line bar. I think i just made that -.- that wasnt there when i bought it. And it's taking up all my credits -.-' shittt. How to disable that thingg.

So. The WIFI thingg. why nott my internet. whyyy! And, how do i make a gif wallpaper?

It wrote here my firmware version is 2.1 - update1

PLEAAASE. HELP ME.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Congrats on the new phone. I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties with your wifi.
    You might want to reboot your router. You might also make certain it has wireless addresses available. For the best support for your phone you might consider checking into the X8 area of discussion. It can be found by following this link.
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 - Android Forums Good luck with your problems and welcome to Android Forums.

LukeTiffany likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

That 3G icon means you have mobile data enabled. If you were connected to Wifi, you would see a different icon. First make sure you have wifi enabled by going to menu>settings>wireless & networks and make sure the box next to wifi is checked. Then open wifi settings and see if your network is listed. If it is, tap on it and select connect. If you have security enabled on the router, this is where you enter the passkey.

The best place for you to get started in the forums would be in Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 - Android Forums. The helpful folks there will be able to answer most of your other questions. :D

LukeTiffany likes this.
  4. LukeTiffany

LukeTiffany Lurker

WOW. You guys are faaast. Thaaaanks! But, still, i checked on the WIFI box, then search for networks. I found a few networks, except mine was not listed there -.-' Is it just me. Or my phone hates my internet -.-'''' im really blur right now. I dont know what to do, and i this is like my first fancy phone i guess? Loost.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It could be that your router is set not to broadcast the SSID. If you know what it is, you can enter it manually.

6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello, LukeTiffany...

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here. Happy Holidays. ;)