1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Im a newb...help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FL_NEWB, Jun 19, 2011.

1. FL_NEWB

FL_NEWB Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    ok so I just got my first droid yesterday, its the HTC Evo4g for Sprint. Previously an iPhone user which means im loving my new phone. Ive had a few problems with the facebook app and Sprint wasn't much help...but what this post is actually about is should i update to Gingerbread or stick with the Froyo? From what sprint is telling me they are having a few problems with the Gingerbread. Is it beneficial for me to update? also any pointers for lengthening battery life?

Thank you very much in advance.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!
    to me the latest ota is not all that is was cracked up to be. supposedly tomorrow the 20th htc is releasing some fixes to the gingerbread update. not sure if it will fix all issues, however. plus if you do accept it and you want to root your phone, you will have to wait until a new exploit is found.

FL_NEWB likes this.
  3. FL_NEWB

FL_NEWB Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Does it extend battery life or anything like that? Also I've been kind of paranoid downloading apps because of the permissions they require. A lot I want but I have been hiding off. I read the thread about permissions but where do you draw the line when it comes to permissions. Should I not be paranoid?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    not sure if your talking about rooting when you talk about permissions or not. rooting is actually fairly easy thing to do. and it is really very hard to brick your phone. as long as you know what your are doing your are good to go. so i would read the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies.html guide.

and yes rooting will extend your battery life.

Tags: