1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm back.... nearly went blind

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AZgl1500, May 20, 2017.

1. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

plus, as some of you are aware of, my wife was experiencing end of life issues with Type II Diabetes which did claim her life on 27 January 2017. I had been living with her in the hospital from the time she was admitted on 19 August 2017. she never saw our home again.... she went through 3 surgeries trying to save her life...

Finally, her renal system just shut down, and she passed in her sleep.

Then I went into a world of hurt, life was just not the same. I pulled back from all of my friends, hid in our home, and did not peek out, get on the Internet, nothing..... just reading books on my Kindle ebook reader.....

then I noticed that I could not see out the back patio door and get a clear view of the squirrels and birds.... the daylight had turned into a yellowish cast of fog all the time.... the Kindle screen was no longer White, it was now a yellow cast....

My daughter pushed me into going to see an eye doctor.... that led me into getting signed up for cataract surgery... so far, my left eye has been done, and it is a miracle!!! I can see again!!!
    The effect that had on my mental state just cannot be over emphasized.... I am starting to feel normal once again, and with it going on 5 months now since my wife passed, I am not thinking of her all the time anymore... and when I do, it is with a sense of relief that she is not suffering anymore...

My right eye is scheduled for a new cataract lens repair on 30 May, and it seems that it takes about two weeks for all of the side effects to go away.... my left eye now has perfect distance vision, and I can read again w/o glasses... although reading glasses are much more comfortable.

so, get prepared for an onslaught of hopeful posts that might be of help to someone.

John

DonB, dan330, mikedt and 9 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

John, it's so good to see you again. I am sorry that you lost your wife. That has to be a tough road to travel. I'm happy to hear that you are recovering. I'm certain she would not want you to live out your existence in a funk. Good deal on the cataract surgery. That's something I have in my future. It's always good to hear of yet another happy post procedure. It's great to have you back with us.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

John, I'm sorry to hear about your wife. She went through a lot and I'm sure having you at her side night and day meant so much and helped her in her journey.

I am glad you are back and taking care of yourself, good news on the eyes...sort of need those to be in good shape!

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Welcome back. You were missed but your wife was more important.
    Good you are seeing again.

Member243850, olbriar and Jfalls63 like this.
  5. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Good to have you back, sir. You are very respected and we're glad you came back. My condolences and best wishes

6. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Member243850 and Jfalls63 like this.
  7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Welcome back John! I am so sorry for your loss of your wife, words cannot explain.
    I'm glad to see you on here again and keep good thoughts!
    Danny D

Member243850, olbriar and Jfalls63 like this.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about your wife but happy she is now in a better place.

olbriar, Member243850 and Dannydet like this.
  9. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

hey john... welcome back.. glad things are looking up !

sorry about your loss... but as you said.. she is not hurting any more..
    where ever she is.. she is resting.

Member243850 likes this.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Welcome back John, hope to read many more posts from you.

Member243850 likes this.
  11. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Thank you from all of my friends that posted.

It is a good feeling to be back here.

12. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

John, condolences on your wife and I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

I am so happy your surgery went well and know the next one will too. Keep your spirits up, you have lot's to live for and looking at your daughter should show you that. be strong and just know we are all here for you.

olbriar likes this.
  13. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Welcome back.

I'm sorry and saddened to find out your wife has passed. I'm glad you have found the strength to start moving forward. You are far stronger than me, I'm not sure I'd be able to.

Glad to have you back brother.

olbriar likes this.