• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm back to the Dinc, by way of a Samsung Fascinate, Moto Krzr, BB Curve 3G, and Moto Citrus...

nunyabizness

Android Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2010
O-H...I-O
Yep...silly me...ditched my Dinc that I got upon its release for the Samsung Fascinate. Why, I'm not certain...I thought I'd love that .3" extra screen space, and I'm all about the newest gadget. Ha...the ridiculous lagginess of that phone (rooted and LagFixed)...I don't know how I dealt with it for 4 months! I had been contemplating going back to a Dinc, or holding out for the iPhone, even :eek: - anything to get away from the Fascinate. Well, turns out the Fascinate apparently decided to do anything to get away from me...like jump into the hands of a thief! Some guy just wandered into my office last week and stole it off my desk! No insurance :eek: First time in 11 years of owning a cell phone I would have had to make a claim! My line wasn't eligible for an upgrade, so I switched to my hubby's Moto Krzr for a day until I found a BB Curve 3G cheap on Craigslist...couldn't deal with that, so I got a Moto Citrus on Craigslist...then I just said screw it, took my brother's upgrade (since he hasn't paid me for his portion of the bill :D), and got a Dinc from BB for free. :) Long story short...I'm glad to be back! Don't think I'll switch from this until a 4G device comes out that's not a brick!

Damn. I haven't had that many phones in the last 6 years.

Oh...wow...:eek: You guys are making me feel like a bit of a freak here, LOL! I shudder to think of the # of phones I've had in the last 6 years...it's got to be at least 50. :eek: In my defense, I'm not buying them all at retail (my mom, stepdad, brother, and sister are all on my plan and aren't paying me quite their fair share, so many times I take their upgrade and find them something on Craigslist), and I am recouping a lot of my $ by selling them on eBay, Craigslist, etc. Example this time: paid $125 for the Curve 3G, sold it to Gazelle for $123. Paid $70 for the Moto Citrus, sold it to Gazelle for $144! WIN! :)

Upvote 0
I did root it - it was still laggy as hell, even with LagFix. I don't want a phone as big as the Thunderbolt - I was a little iffy even on the size of the SF, and to me a 4.3" screen is just going to be a brick (the EVO is awkwardly large in my hand). Unless a 4G device with 3.7" (or possibly 4") screen is released, I'll be holding off on getting one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones