1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

I'm confused about using Android OS 2.1 with POP3 and email clients.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ConorCurl, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ConorCurl

ConorCurl New Member

Jul 16, 2010
    I'm using the E-Mail Client "Eudora" on my computer to retrieve messages on a POP3 Server. I don't understand if there is a way to retrieve the same messages from the POP3 Server on my mobile phone. The phone is running Android OS 2.1. I manually added all the information into the native E-Mail application on my phone, and it works fine for a couple hours then stops for a few hours, and then it works fine again, but then stops working again for a few hours, and so on and so on. In addition, I received messages from 8:07AM to 10:39AM, then received no messages between 10:40AM to 1:42PM. At 1:42PM I started receiving messages again; the weird thing is I only received messages after 1:42PM, I can't retrieve the messages from the gap between 10:40AM and 1:42PM. And yes I'm sure I received messages during that time. I can't figure out any correlation between what I'm doing with the phone, and when the phone receives emails.
    So, my question - Is there a way to view messages from a POP3 server on my Android OS 2.1 phone using any E-Mail client?

Advertisement

2. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Darlington, UK
    If your having problems try K-9 email app from the android market. Its generally regarded as the best app!