• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IM count as txts?

antwon412

Nov 6, 2009
Someone on another droid forum was saying that an instant messager is counted as a txt. thus the small 250 txt plan would get used quickly.

Heres the post -

From the verizon site itself... for the $5 / 10 dollar plan

"$5 monthly access/250 messages includes Text, Picture, Video, Instant messages and Text Alerts"

"For only $10 Monthly Access, you can get Unlimited Text, Picture, and Video Messages to any other Verizon Wireless customer from within the National Enhanced Services Rate & Coverage Area. PLUS get 500 Additional messages.*

*Applies when sending and receiving instant messages, text alerts, emails, and Text/Picture/Video Messages to non-Verizon Wireless customers."

Is this true? i though that since you would be using a program while online to send IM's it would count as data and not txts.....Im a little worried now. I IM a TON and i would go over my 250 limit within a day or two.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones