• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help im falling out of love with my moment.

Most of the people bitching about the things they call MAJOR bugs on here are not worth arguing with and are best left ignored. The phone does have MINER bugs that WILL more than likely be FIXED. These people all fail from one actual MAJOR error... USER ERROR...

The bottom line is don't buy something if you DONT know how to use or have the ability to figure out how to use it. There is million threads on here about people bitching about the same shit and I'm personally sick of seeing them every time i come here to find out whats going on with the phone.

Stop crying buy a phone that your brain has the capacity to operate... Do us all a favor and go buy an iphone and go away!

Upvote 0
At least you Moment fans aren't encumbered with Samsung's gimmicky touchwiz UI. I would kill for my Behold II to come with a base Android interface and not have to rely on a home replacement for the bare necessities.

I guess you have to accept some of the bad things with the good.
Thats the funniest thing i have heard! I say this cause i have been reading hte behold II forums looking for specific glitches with the battery since they are the same and the one thing i noticed is everyone is bitching about touchwiz ui... people are begging the dev community (or atleast were) to port senseui to the moment.. but when you actually hear from a person who is on a ui phone, all they want is vanilla android so they can make it how they want with the programs they want..

Upvote 0
Thats the funniest thing i have heard! I say this cause i have been reading hte behold II forums looking for specific glitches with the battery since they are the same and the one thing i noticed is everyone is bitching about touchwiz ui... people are begging the dev community (or atleast were) to port senseui to the moment.. but when you actually hear from a person who is on a ui phone, all they want is vanilla android so they can make it how they want with the programs they want..

Exactly, the best thing Sprint did was tell Samsung that they want no part of touchwiz's gimmickry on their phones.

If only T-Mobile had the same kahunas to do the same.

Upvote 0
Most of the people bitching about the things they call MAJOR bugs on here are not worth arguing with and are best left ignored. The phone does have MINER bugs that WILL more than likely be FIXED. These people all fail from one actual MAJOR error... USER ERROR...

The bottom line is don't buy something if you DONT know how to use or have the ability to figure out how to use it. There is million threads on here about people bitching about the same shit and I'm personally sick of seeing them every time i come here to find out whats going on with the phone.

Stop crying buy a phone that your brain has the capacity to operate... Do us all a favor and go buy an iphone and go away!

very well said dumb people shouldent buy a smart phone thats what basic flip phones are for

Upvote 0
all i see here is folks who are more understanding but everyone has a threshold. 2 months and these bugs are not getting worked out is pretty unacceptable. i share the same "its new so lets forgive" attitude. after a while i feel like sprint is taking me for a ride. it scares me more that this phone gets treated like a ugly stepchild.

"there's certain things you shouldn't have to rely on 3rd parties to develop, that should be native for a strong out of the box experience."

out of the box experience is 3 out of 10.

ill be calling sprint again and letting them book me for some complains. i wonder if they will tell me its going to get fixed in the next half year.

Honestly, I dont see the moment as having any real "detremental" bugs apart from the battery meter which is more of an annoyance then a show stopper. Two months and bugs not getting fixed is actually below industry standard correct? There are bugs on phones that never get addressed. Not that it makes it ok, but it is what we can expect as consumers.

What do we know for sure? We will be getting 2.0 this year. That will change everything for us.

I have had my moment for 2 months, and I still love it. I have a few friends who purchased the droid from verizon, and I have to say that the keyboard on the moment is 100 times better. My personal opinion of course, but I am glad I went with sprint and got the moment over the droid.

I will wait to start really hammering sprint with complaints until after the 2.0 update.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I dont see the moment as having any real "detremental" bugs apart from the battery meter which is more of an annoyance then a show stopper. Two months and bugs not getting fixed is actually below industry standard correct? There are bugs on phones that never get addressed. Not that it makes it ok, but it is what we can expect as consumers.

What do we know for sure? We will be getting 2.0 this year. That will change everything for us.

I have had my moment for 2 months, and I still love it. I have a few friends who purchased the droid from verizon, and I have to say that the keyboard on the moment is 100 times better. My personal opinion of course, but I am glad I went with sprint and got the moment over the droid.

I will wait to start really hammering sprint with complaints until after the 2.0 update.
2.1 not 2.0 :D

Upvote 0
I love the moment, dont get me wrong but some of these bugs are killing me. I was charged 18 international text messages and i know i have not texted anyone out of the country. I was able to get the messages credited to my account however i fear i will be going trough this everymonth until an update is released. Another problem i am having is aGPS. which once again i have to wait for an update. And my biggest concern is the battery life. I know the battery meter is off but i can not get through a whole day with gps,wi-fi,and bt turned off. This is unacceptable

Iknow blackberry has good battery life and doesnt have all these bugs. They are reliable because they have been around for so long.

I will miss all the apps and the touch screen but i need something more reliable than what the moment is offering. I have until jan 31 to return the moment to best buy so i will give it a few more weeks but i am very unhappy with the bugs it presently has.

Has anyone else thought about returning it?

I returned mine last week, for the tour. In some things, I greatly miss the Moment!:(
Maybe once there is an actual update, all the bugs are taken care of and it is voice compatible with a BT headset, I will try it again as I am due an upgrade in May.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones