1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support i'm Frustrated with My Note2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sovby, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2013
    Male
    Architectural Drafter
    This is the worst phone that i've ever had. I've had nothing but problems with the battery. They replaced it once because of this & now this one won't even charge, I'm fed up with it & will never buy another samsung phone. They have given me new chargers thinking thats the problem & it works for a while & now it wont charge at all. I don't feel that i'm too hard on it but i cant take it anymore. I'm ready to throw this thing up against the wall.

Advertisement

2. netizensmith

netizensmith Member
    None

May 1, 2013
    Bad luck. My Note 2 is the best phone I've ever had by a long, long way. Can't you get the phone replaced? Seems clear it's not the battery or charger that's at fault as they've tried replacing them.

3. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2013
    Male
    Architectural Drafter
    They replaced it once already with the same problem. There was a problem with it charging. I bought the original the christmas before last & only had it for like 3 or 4 months or so before i got it replaced. i'm no expert but phones are supposed to last longer than that. Maybe it's me, but i don't feel like i'm doing anything wrong. All i'm doing is plugging the thing into the wall. I'm just at my wits end with this thing. I never know whether its going to charge or not & now its not doing anything at all. It's nothing more than a paperweight now.

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Well I hate to burst your bubble, but I too have had no issues with my Note II, I would simply chalk it up to bad luck on your part. If you Google around, you will find the consensus of the people 80% love their Note II.

You might want to troubleshoot, where are you charging the device, in the same outlet ?? Are you leaving the device charge all night ?? etc.. the more details the better. The reason why I ask for where it is being charged, is it might be an outlet issue, where it is shorting out or drawing too much power, and the fact as you mentioned they replaced the device before and you are having the same issue, that is really odd. Sorry to hear about your issues, but I wouldn't give up that easy on Samsung, I have been an HTC person myself for years, and I was glad to make the switch. ;)

5. casarosa

casarosa Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Retired
    Spain

Yes quite agree have never had a problem with my Note2 either......but am not downloading the 4.3 update not interested my phone works fine as is

6. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2013
    Male
    Architectural Drafter
    They are sending me a new battery. Yes i do charge it overnight. Should i not do that? I had bought a desk charger & was using that at work. The reason i bought this is that by the time 3 o'clock rolls around i want to have a full charge so when i go out after work i can use it. I usually charge it at my house with just the wall charger that they gave me overnight so that i can have a full charge in the morning. It's not from samsung so it could be that. It said thats its compatible with the note but it is not made by samsung. I have also at times had a problem with it taking extremely long to charge or it losing the charge that seems quickly to me.

7. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Engineer
    Wichita
    The Note II needs a 2.0A charger to charge properly. Check the amperage of your charger.

8. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    I also agree with DonB. I suspect the outlet or electrical work could be the culprit. Are you in an area that is susceptible to power fluctuations? A power surge of any variety can fry electrical components very quickly. It could be a surge was detected and the Note cut power to prevent further damage. But I think it's a physical breaker, so if it is tripped, it needs to be brought in for repair.

9. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    My dad had a similar issue with his S3, after the first replacement I think he changed the battery on the second one before the fault was gone. Never found out what the cause was either which is no help I know.

10. casarosa

casarosa Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Retired
    Spain
    I wonder if samsung ever read these postings........me thinks not

11. pckarma112

pckarma112 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 13, 2012
    . I'm surprised no one is asking about this. Who gave you the charger? The store where you got it? There is no way I would use non Samsung charger on this phone. There is something strange going on with this. Yes, it may be the outlet. It may be the charger. But I do not understand using a lesser charger on this expensive phone. I hope you do get it figured out. Like I said there is something strange here. Good luck.

12. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
  13. Lennatron

Lennatron Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    College Student
    PA
    As others have said, I love my Note 2 and have NO issues with it. I hope you get the battery issue straightened out. Once you do I'm sure you'll love it!

14. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    He is correct you should be using a Samsung charger to start with if not that could be the root of your issues

Try the app that Vosg mentioned to see the amps being pulled, I was under the impression you were using a Samsung product for charging

15. hafridi

hafridi Member
    None

Oh yeah an after market cable will definitely not charge fast at all! Trust me when i say this waking up to 80% charge from less than 5% sucks.

16. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2013
    Male
    Architectural Drafter
  17. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2013
    Male
    Architectural Drafter
    saltz likes this.
  18. SA_NYC

SA_NYC Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    My Note 2 is the first smartphone I've ever had for which battery life isn't bad. In fact, it's pretty great--see attached screen shot I just took. Admittedly the past couple of days were light usage, at least by my standards. But you get the point. (Whoops, I can't upload since the image isn't on the web, but it's at 1 day, 5 hours of usage and I'm still at 28% charge.) So it's got to be just your unit and/or charger. Stick with it, and good luck.

19. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    SoCal
    Both charger and cable could be problem. I have a few usb cables that will only charge the Note II at a very slow rate that takes 6+ hours to fully charge the phone. I have 1 cable that won't charge Note II at all although it would let me charge another phone..

And then I have different chargers that will charge the Note II at different rate... so it is really a combo of both cable and charger. BTW, charging the phone every night and left it charging even after full is okay. I had been doing that for the last 14 months every night and the battery is still good.

20. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    OP, I've had the same gripe with my phone.people told me the same stuff, it's your charger...

Funny thing was I explained I had numerous chargers ask with the same result, most didn't even read my post.

I just bought a new battery this weekend for $40 and it did nothing to resolve my battery life or charging problems. Not do any of my 5 chargers. Five. That's for more than the included one. Since no one read my thread correctly last time.

21. XMB

XMB Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2012
    My company has issued about 200 Note 2 phones to our staff and no one has ever reported a charging issue. The phones are now a year old and some have reported poor battery life, which is fixed as soon as a new battery is fitted. We only use genuine Samsung accessories and batteries.

If you have a charging problem it can only be a fault in the charger, cable, battery or phone. There is no large scale problem from our experiences.

22. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2013
    Male
    Architectural Drafter
    Does Samsung make a desktop charger that can be used with a cover? i bought one of those protective sleeves with a kickstand, The samsung desktop chargers that i have seen you have to take the sleeve off to be able to use it

23. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    No they don't ;)

24. saltz

saltz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you search on eBay or Amazon for "Note 2 desktop chargers" you can get a variety of designs and prices. I tried several and returned several. Now I have two of these, one at home and one at work. I have had several different cases and they all work, (if you take out the little plastic adapter). The adapter is made to snap in or out as needed. It usually doesn't come with the charging cable so you will need to use the one that came with the phone. As an added bonus it includes a slot to charge an extra battery.

I have been using these since I got my Note 2 and have never had a charging problem.

25. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2013
    Male
    Architectural Drafter
    But thats not made by samsung. I have a desktop charger that i got off Amazon. It came with a plastic insert that you use if you are not using a case. It would be more convenient if i didn't have to take the protective sleeve off evertime i want to charge the phone at work. That is the main reason i bought this charger. Its this one here.
    Amazon.com: RND Dock and 2nd Battery Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (compatible without or with a slim-fit case) (black): Cell Phones & Accessories