• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm going back to my Blackberry

Thanks guys for not running this in the ground.
I don't have a "specific" reason for going back BB, but a cumulation of several. OH and my fingers aren't big BUT i KEEP mistyping words.
As I was thinking about what to do, another thing that came to mind is I definitely do NOT like having to use two hands with the Dinc. I like turning my phone back on, checking my msgs, replying...all one handed. Sounds dumb, but little quirks add up. Since the keyboard is raised up on a BB, I don't even have to look.
Anyways, I just added this thread in case others, however small, may feel the same!

Odd, because these are the things that I do one handed with my DInc, but used two hands for on my BB. Typing on my BB was a two handed affair for sure, but Swype on the DInc, one. The only advantage that BB really has for me is the ability to actually get emails pushed. That annoys the crap out of me that I either set it to check every 5 minutes, or wait. Just push it to my phone!!!! Well, that and battery life, but my BB didn't do nearly half the things my DInc does, so... I am going to call that one a wash. And with the 2150, and a modded case, it is just about the same size as my berry.

Good Luck to you with the BB.

Upvote 0
The only advantage that BB really has for me is the ability to actually get emails pushed. That annoys the crap out of me that I either set it to check every 5 minutes, or wait. Just push it to my phone!!!!

The native gmail on phone is 'push'. In some cases your phone will notify you of new mail before it shows up on computer.

Upvote 0
My email accounts on the DI get my mail before Outlook does. I never push or pull my email, it just comes. Oh well, to each his / her own. I'm just not sure of the point to the OP. Even if someone agreed with it, they'd be gone from here already. I also wonder who uses the word "purdy" any longer? Isn't that an old, old slang saying for "pretty"? But it's hysterical that it came out puffy and your friend didn't believe you. Seriously, is she puffy?

Upvote 0
Has it changed? Because I know for a fact that I lost out on a booking shooting for the World Wildlife Fund, and for the Governor of TN because I got the email 30 minutes after someone else, and they called to confirm before I could.

I'd like to nominate this post as ambiguous post of the year. It looks to be sarcastic but is lacking the flair of the absurd.

Upvote 0
Has it changed? Because I know for a fact that I lost out on a booking shooting for the World Wildlife Fund, and for the Governor of TN because I got the email 30 minutes after someone else, and they called to confirm before I could.
Nothing has changed... the native gmail account, if gmail sync is on, receives email instant....
I'd like to nominate this post as ambiguous post of the year. It looks to be sarcastic but is lacking the flair of the absurd.
had to re-read it like three times before i figured out what it said... guess it is serious:thinking:

Upvote 0
I've had several blackberries and now have my Incredible. I can understand not liking the touch screen keyboard, but going back to Blackberry is like going back to black and white TVs...

I have to agree I type faster on the Incredible with two hands than I did non my Blackberry Curve with one hand.

But to each his own, go luck and may the force be with you.

Upvote 0
My kids have the DX, which is a fantastic beautiful phone, but I can't fork out more $$ on my early upgrade.

I'm confused. Which of your complaints does not also apply to the Droid X? It's still android, so the facebook app is the same. It's still touchscreen, so you still have fingerprints on your screen (there are anti-fingerprint screen protectors, but whatever). It's still gonna auto-correct you when you type words that don't technically exist like "purdy." And the battery is still not going to last six days because it's a smartphone for chrissakes and the battery doesn't last forever.

So....why even mention the Droid X? As a matter of fact, why notify the Inc board that you're going back to blackberry in the first place? Enjoy, I guess.

Upvote 0
My wife's friend wants to take her Dinc back too because she hates the keyboard. I feel bad because I'm the one that recommended the phone to her. I forget sometimes how geeky I am compared to the average consumer, so it probably wasn't the best phone to recommend.

I can't say I love the keyboard either though. I've had a iPod Touch since they came out and don't have nearly the amount of typos on it as I do with the Dinc. I think it's because the screen is so narrow compared to the touch. The keys have more room to stretch out.

Other then that, I don't plan on going back to my BB. The keyboard and battery life are the only things I really miss but that doesn't justify paying smart phone prices for a phone that's only good for emails and texts.

Upvote 0
Why is this thread still open?

Shocker: regular visitors and posters on Android Forums flame people going (back) to Blackberry.

There is no reason to close thread.

I was a HUGE BB Fanboy, had over 500 posts at CB and I went back there to tell them I had left. I had made "friends" there, contributed and just wanted to say why I left. Gave positive feedback, received some criticism and moved on. This is happening more and more. It's all about information. OP has more than a few posts, and was just giving his opinion. Almost everyone of his issues, I have or had, but got over them. If I was not such a "tech" freak and was a typical user, I myself might have gone back (the positives out weighed the negatives - thank god).

It's the responses that get out of line, us as "repliers" need to take the higher road. Posters gave their opinion, suggested phones and gave some help. It may or may not keep him a Android user.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
My wife's friend wants to take her Dinc back too because she hates the keyboard.

Considering there are like 8 different keyboards you can get for android, I'm sure that if she wanted to take the time to find a keyboard she liked, she could. Some people just don't want to spend the time to find the perfect fit and would rather just complain and go back to the things they already know.

Upvote 0
the inc really does suck i bought it and then bought the x and the fascinate and the pro and now i have all four and i dont like any of them much i think i might pick up a bb torch.

You better hurry up and grab your Torch, they can't keep them on the shelves, they've been reduced to $99.99 (already). A Blackberry Peal 3G is 149.99, wtf does that say about the BB flagship phone.

I had the Storm 1 and Storm 2 and my incredible does so much more than the Storm, it's not even a comparison, going back would be like going from a Plasma HDTV back to a nice 32"" tube TV.

Upvote 0
Cripes. I'd like to know what Blackberry is so easy for you to use. I'm a cross-platform guy since work is strictly on the straight and narrow with Blackberry. I'm constantly having to correct my words, and the auto-correct, while worlds better with BBOS 5.0, is still not that great. My Incredible is 10x easier to type on. Navigating the BB is so non-intuitive, and getting apps is impossible to figure out. Worse yet, the browser speed reminds me of dial-up internet in 1995, not to mention the numerous issues handling moderately complex web page layouts. Go back if you must, but demand a cheaper data plan. The experience isn't worth $30/month.

Upvote 0
I'm not going back to Blackberry but I'm with the OP in one respect. The texting and auto correction on this phone is atrocious. I'm so so sick of trying to hit the backspace button only to type mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm until I notice it. Or bane instead of babe. Hey bane of my existance, how is your day going? Or hundreds of other stupid autocorrection errors. I wish there was an app that let me remove even normal dictionary words like 'bane' because I will never type that word in my lifetime again. The word choices for auto correction are horrid. I know, I can turn off auto correction but it's so stupid what they choose sometimes it's fine but others its ridiculous.

Upvote 0
I have given the DInc 200% and I just canNOT get to like it. I can't tell you how many text's I have sent out with words I didn't put, which, yes, I DO know how to stop that. I hate having to constantly back up to correct words. I typed one of my friends that a picture she sent me, she looked "purdy" and my phone put in "puffy" instead and I STILL don't think she believed my explanation when I blamed my phone.
I can't get used to constantly worrying if I have enough battery to go hiking or somewhere theres no electricity, for the day. I bump charge, turn what few apps I've downloaded off and all the other suggestions which do give me a little better battery usage, but not enough.
I hate having to constantly clean my screen off due to fingerprints, even tho my hands are clean.
I don't like androids FB app., which means I have to go thru several screens just to check my FB out.
I'm really upset with myself because I was one of those up EARLY in line to get the phone. My kids have the DX, which is a fantastic beautiful phone, but I can't fork out more $$ on my early upgrade.
SOOO, I'm going back to my dependable Blackberry.
I also know about the Droid Pro coming out which is Blackberry-ish, but again, there's alot of the Android ways I just don't like. But that's OK!
Anyways...I'm headed over to Crackberry. again.

You have to go thru HOW MANY SCREENS ?????

I click on the the App. & click News Feed = what are you doing...???????

Sounds like you shouldnt have got the phone...

Lets not forget - its a plenty big screen to power compared to a BB ! ! !

tout le beau'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones