1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm gonna smash this phone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by davidh29, Dec 30, 2012.

1. davidh29

davidh29 Lurker

So the only way I can talk on my phone is through the speakerphone or with my earbuds/mic. ???? wtf?
    :thinking:I think I must have done something in settings because I've also got a headphone icon that coincided with this incident. I can't figure out what I did or how to undo it. HELP!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. syi

syi Android Enthusiast

that's a good start. we might need some more information to help. are you rooted? if so which rom, which kernel. if not is your phone up to date? did a recent update cause this? have you tried a factory reset?

3. davidh29

davidh29 Lurker

rooted = no. Up to date phone? do you know what the headphone icon means and how to get rid of it? I'm thinkin that may solve my problem. I don't recall updating anything at the time this little mishap occured but I was pretty ripped today and playing with settings I have no right FN with.

4. syi

syi Android Enthusiast

well, the only thing I can suggest is check for updates, factory reset, or take it in.

5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Hi there davidh, welcome to the forums!

The headphone indicator means that your phone thinks you have headphones plugged in, regardless of whether or not you do. Sometimes plugging and unplugging headphones multiple times will solve this issue. Have you tried rebooting the phone?

And yes, the reason you cannot use the earpiece on the top of the phone is because it thinks you have headphones plugged in.

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Also, if you could tell us which phone you have, we can direct you to the forum for your specific phone. Others may have had the same issue and can tell you a resolution :)

GuitarG20 likes this.