• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I'm having a lot of problems please help!!

^^^ I have always had back luck with phones. Ever since I was a Verizon subscriber. There are only a couple of phones that I didn't have really any problems with out of all the phones I've owned. I do always seem to get the problem resolved and taken care of with credits though. I didn't even ask the supervisor to credit my account. She did that all by herself. I am very impressed. This is how you keep customers happy and loyal to your company that's for sure.

LOL at the iPhone fanboys. One of them doesn't even have one but he says his Android is always causing him problems. I do know that the iPhones like never crash or anything like that and no all apps get through so the phone runs more stable but I hate the OS and the fact that the screens are small and that you can't use an SD card. I look forward to the comparison thread if you do indeed make one.

Upvote 0
It's very possible to get a faulty phone, if you want, you can download "my backup" from the market to backup your apps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackup

Then if you want to try it, do the factory reset to see if that may solve the Rebooting and wifi issue.

Just make sure you transfer your backup file to the ext sd card or the factory reset will delete the backup file.

DS

That app says it can only back up apps on the same device. Does this mean any Samsung Galaxy S2 or only the exact same phone? Like when I get my replacement tomorrow, can I use this app and get my stuff back or will I have to pay $4.99 for the pro version?

Upvote 0
That app says it can only back up apps on the same device. Does this mean any Samsung Galaxy S2 or only the exact same phone? Like when I get my replacement tomorrow, can I use this app and get my stuff back or will I have to pay $4.99 for the pro version?

As long as you transfer the back up to external sd card, and switch cards, you can use the same app to restore them.

DS

Upvote 0
^^^Thanks but I saw that reply too late. I will just manually do it again. It's not the end of the world.

The phone came today and they screwed up my order. I did not get a brand new in the box phone like I was promised. Without going into a lot of detail, I had a white s2 and they sent me a "class A" grey replacement. I have no idea what class A means but I actually prefer the grey color. Maybe class A means that it was fixed right something. I have no idea.

I am currently waiting for my conformation email to do the swap. I never had to wait when I had the Triumph. I was able to use my replacement right away. I guess it's different with the Galaxy. Says it can take and hour! It's a good thing I was not expecting an important call or text.

**Edit** The swap was successful. My phone programmed itself no problem. It looked for a firmware update but said none were available. I connected to the Wifi and will cross my fingers that will work. Now the phone tells me this is an update and to make sure I am fully charged before installed so I am charging up now.

Upvote 0
^^^Thanks but I saw that reply too late. I will just manually do it again. It's not the end of the world.

The phone came today and they screwed up my order. I did not get a brand new in the box phone like I was promised. Without going into a lot of detail, I had a white s2 and they sent me a "class A" grey replacement. I have no idea what class A means but I actually prefer the grey color. Maybe class A means that it was fixed right something. I have no idea.

I am currently waiting for my conformation email to do the swap. I never had to wait when I had the Triumph. I was able to use my replacement right away. I guess it's different with the Galaxy. Says it can take and hour! It's a good thing I was not expecting an important call or text.

**Edit** The swap was successful. My phone programmed itself no problem. It looked for a firmware update but said none were available. I connected to the Wifi and will cross my fingers that will work. Now the phone tells me this is an update and to make sure I am fully charged before installed so I am charging up now.

Obviously it's your call. I think I would make them send me a brand new white one. They hosed that up big time. First I don't know if you prefer the white one or not but That is what you shelled your money out for. Second, it was suppose to be a brand new one. Especially if yours was only a couple weeks old. Like I said it's your call and if this one works good then why tempt fate and risk getting a bad one but I'd make them make it right. Maybe try calling them during the day and see if you get a different breed of CS people.

Upvote 0
I like the grey one more. It's not as slippery. The back cover actually has some feel to it. It's not all smooth like the white. I actually wanted the Platinum phone when I first ordered but the white one was the only one that qualified for that one day special deal. I guess grey is the same as platinum?

I am once again having problems with the wifi. This time though, it seems to be only when I don't use it for awhile. I turned all the proper settings on but the phone was still having problems although not nearly as bad as before. I downloaded an app called FXR Wifi fixer and so far, so good. I downloaded a cool app called settings extender because I don't like the fixed quick pull down toggles or whatever they are called. Wifi, Blue tooth, GPS, Silent mode and 4G can't be replaced or customized to my knowledge so this app lets me have the toggles I actually use and want there.

Upvote 0
Okay so I am really liking this phone. For some reason, I have different wall papers than the white one. Unfortunately, I am still having issues with the Wifi. After it's off for a while, the Wifi says connected but it's not. I have tried Wifi fixer, clicked or unclicked all the proper settings but it still will just like time out of Wifi. I may have to beg my roommate to let me change the settings on the router or use his laptop to get the proper info my phone needs. My laptop screen is dark so I have to use an old school monitor to see anything so I would have to bring all of that downstairs and find an ethernet cable somewhere. I would have to google how to find all that info since this will be my first attempt at it.

Oh and another thing I noticed is that this phone doesn't automatically download incoming pictures if it's on Wifi. My triumph would switch to 3G right away anytime a picture was being texted to me and then go right back to Wifi when the picture had downloaded. Is there anyway to get the Samsung to do the same without having to manually turn off Wifi everything someone sends a picture?

Another thing I have noticed is the built in keyboard seems to hate apostrophes. I can never get it to find I'll it's always Ill or its etc. Very odd. The Wifi issue can always be fixed with a simple turn on and off of Wifi but I just hate knowing that my crappy Triumph excelled in an area so basic and this way more advanced phone is struggling. I've noticed that

I have also tried to get the vibrate to be more profound. It seems like this phone has an overall weak vibrate in general even with the settings cranked all the way up. Oh and I can't seem to keep off auto brightness. The phone is always getting brighter then going darker. I check off auto brightness in the settings but it always comes back on with a vengeance. no wifi signal in the phone is not very strong at all. Meeting I can't go too far from the router without it losing signal. It barely stays connected in the room I sleep in.

Upvote 0
Well I can't mess with the router because I have roommates and the one in charge won't give me the password because he says it works fine for everyone else and that my phone is the problem so I will just have to deal with it I guess since nothing I am doing within the phone's settings is working.

My phone has rebooted on me twice. It must be some kind of app conflict or maybe it's because it's constantly going in and out of wifi and the phone can't handle it. Sometimes I wake up and the battery has only drained like 5% and other times I wake up and it's drained 40% so I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Upvote 0
I am telling you from my experience that this phone does not play nice with regular WPA security so maybe that could be part of your problem.

Well I can't mess with the router because I have roommates and the one in charge won't give me the password because he says it works fine for everyone else and that my phone is the problem so I will just have to deal with it I guess since nothing I am doing within the phone's settings is working.

My phone has rebooted on me twice. It must be some kind of app conflict or maybe it's because it's constantly going in and out of wifi and the phone can't handle it. Sometimes I wake up and the battery has only drained like 5% and other times I wake up and it's drained 40% so I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Upvote 0
Well I had some trouble with just plain WPA. I use WPA2 all the time anyway.

I login to WiFi using WPA settings just fine everyday. It's probably an app that's causing the reboots. Uninstall any suspicious/pirated apps (if any) because they could have come with viruses. Also, try removing your sd card if you have one because that sometimes causes problems.

Upvote 0
I did take my SD card out. So far, 1 reboot in 2 days. So that is better but I want to be able to use my sd card so this is not a good solution. I don't have any suspicious apps.

I can't change the router settings. I don't know the username and password and my roommates all tell me to get an iphone and they don't want to change the settings because I am the only one with the problem.

Upvote 0
I did take my SD card out. So far, 1 reboot in 2 days. So that is better but I want to be able to use my sd card so this is not a good solution. I don't have any suspicious apps.

I can't change the router settings. I don't know the username and password and my roommates all tell me to get an iphone and they don't want to change the settings because I am the only one with the problem.

You may have to take the long route, and delete all your apps, then reinstall a couple every so often until you find the culprit. It may sound like a lot, which it is depending how many apps you have, but sometimes you just gotta do what you don't want or like. I did it 3 or 4 times with the ZTE Warp (until I figured out it was a messed up phone all together).

Reactions: GJTRUEFAITH
Upvote 0
Well, it looks like it is the SD card. To my knowledge, the phone has not rebooted since I have taken out the SD card except that one time. If I backed up my SD card on my comp and then formatted the card and put the stuff back on it and put it in my phone, would that fix my rebooting problem? I have an 8GB card. I have to assume that maybe the phone just wants an SD card that has been formatted?

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 - SGH - T989D 4G super phone - a lot of phones are not connecting to PC's because in my case the Bios on start up is not set right - when starting your computer there will be a logo showing your main processer - before it changes to the real start up press a few times on your key board " Delete " Key on the logo eg: Intel 4 that shows - this will put in the Bios basics that only run with your key board - your mouse will not work - old fashioned set up - a lot of times the ( Plug @ Play is not turned on ) - it may say yes/no - press yes - don't play with anything else in the Bios - set accept changes and it will finish booting up to your normal program - make sure your computer has Samsung " KIES " all ready loaded - run the " KIES " program first - plug in your phone and plug in the other end into your USB port - it takes about 30 seconds to recognize the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones