1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Im having a total meltdown trying to get custom Ringtone to work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZoSo925, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ZoSo925

ZoSo925 Newbie
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    Im so upset wasting endless hours and this has been going on for a month now. Originally I thought it was something I was doing wrong, or maybe I froze some Stock Apps that corrupted the Android registry..etc, BUT this is not the case.

Ive tried everything putting the music file in a special folder, tried multiple applications while searching these forums and google and I even use Free Astro File Manager. ... With Astro when I choose properties of the file, I do have a set of options but the dams options add Ringtone are GRAYED OUT!!!

I tried the clockwork recovery option, I also tried Odin to factory default DI18 same thing. I even went to a Ring tone site so I can physically download working ringtones in MP3, WAV, OGG....NO LUCK.

I really dont ask much in life, I just want a very simple "Classic Rotary Phone" ringtone. Just 1 very old school sound file and Im happy with 1 ringtone

Edit: I saw someone say they formated their SD to get it working and currently trying that

Edit Edit: It looks like formating the SD resolved my problem. Putting folders back on SD works perfect...even Astro gives me my options back. Weird, never had a problem with anything on the SD before

Advertisement

2. RedBear'n

RedBear'n Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Helping others.
    P-Burgh
    For future reference if you're rooted "Root Explorer," is a really effective file management tool that under most circumstances allows you to override damn near any file restriction the OS throws at you. The little "mount as r/w" button on the top of that file browser allowed me to install heroic things on my Nook Color.

You need to haz root access to use the app BTW.

3. ZoSo925

ZoSo925 Newbie
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    That's what I really needed, Astro would not allow me to move files to Root, just view them. After I posted that last night, upon reboot Astro refused and greyed out Ringtone options again.

All I did was have a ringtones folder in the root directory of my SD when I formatted the SD to get it working again. I didnt need to have media/audio/notifications...