1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm having trouble setting up my Mail app.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by quinnygoth, Jan 4, 2013.

1. quinnygoth

quinnygoth Newbie

Hello everybody.

I got the Galaxy S3 for christmas. It's my first ever smart phone; I've been rocking a Nokia 3310 up until now :D

I'm having trouble setting up the Mail app. I put my email and password in and the phone says I'm using an incorrect user name or password, even though they are both definitely correct.

Does anybody know what's wrong?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RoadSuper

RoadSuper Well-Known Member

Maybe you are putting in the login information for an account but the phone thinks you are entering your information for another email service, like maybe you're putting in your yahoo information but the phone thinks you are wanting to use gmail, or something.

3. andy9l

andy9l Well-Known Member

Christ that's a bit of a jump?!

What email service are you using - i.e. what is the end part of your email, e.g. @gmail.com?

4. quinnygoth

quinnygoth Newbie

The end of my email is "@mail.com" (not @gmail.com)

My Samsung account was set up with this email. I have a gmail account too but I don't want to use it anymore.

Thanks for your help so far.

5. andy9l

andy9l Well-Known Member

Looks like you need to be signed up to your email provider's premium service to get IMAP/POP3 access to your account - which is silly. I'd recommend leaving them for someone more reputable, like GMail. Have your emails forwarded to your new GMail account...if they'll let you do that.

I setup a test account, and got this:

[​IMG]

6. quinnygoth

quinnygoth Newbie

Oh wow.

Thanks for that.

Looks like I'm stuck with Gmail after all!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews