• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Im having trouble with rooted phone.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. The android version was 4.2.2 (Turkey) then I rooted the phone and loaded 5.0.1 (Nordic countries).

It worked perfectly. With Wifi, with modem there wasn't any problem. Then something happened. I tried to change lock screen. Only the password option was available. For the others, there was a message like this "disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage". I tried password. Itworked but I can't remove it now. There is no option to remove or change it. All options are greyed out (I can't use them) .

I'm not using VPN. Clear Credentials is disabled too. And I tried to uncheck all Device Administrators.

But it didn't work.

Tried to Encrypt SD card but it remained stuck on "Getting ready"step. Now I can't decrypt SD card. either.

Lol - What did I do? :D

Last edited:
Hi @ghosthunter171717 and welcome to Android Forums :)

It looks like you posted the same message in several different subforums/threads in addition to this one. Android Questions (here) is probably the best place for your inquiry to start, so I've removed the others. Asking the same thing in multiple locations makes it harder for us to help you since we may not get the whole conversation. :thumbsupdroid:

Where did you get the 5.0.1 ROM? Knowing exactly what you did to your phone will make it easier for us to help.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry @codesplice

I dowloaded it from Sammobile (yes i waited 2 hours with free account)

-activated USB debug mode
-closed phone
-opened it with download mode (volume down+home+power)
-Plugged phone into the computer
-Opened Odin3
-Did this,
4IAc0QeTT.png

-did factory reset/wipe data and wipe cache partition

then opened phone and that happened

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones