• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm I Love With The Droid X BUT BUT BUT

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
The Droid X does NOT use a SIM Card. I am in Vietnam and this is a big problem ALSO there is a big problem with unlocking it. I saw the "Copy" of it at the Motorola Store In Saigon, Think its called the HC8. Same as Droid X but running Windows software. They want over $700 for it too. Hope they come out with another phone with a 4.3" screen that will accept a SIM Card and use Android system. That big screen makes the phone ! They also let me put the store sample in my pocket. Even though its big it felt better than my G1 as the G1 is thick. The X is thin,,, Great phone.

Well, you're using the G1, which is on Tmobile, so in theory you could get the Vibrant, though I personally advocate against it simply because it's a samsung phone and they've been notorious with ruining their handsets. None the less, it's a 4 inch screen, and it takes a SIM card. It'd be your best bet.

Upvote 0
They will probably make a GSM version of the Droid X sooner or later like they did with the original Droid.

You probably should forget about the Droid X since its a CDMA.
Probably not the X but Moto and HTC are making international phones soon so they'll have GSM capabilities as well as CDMA. Let me try to find the article.

EDIT: http://androinica.com/2010/08/07/le...e-for-verizon-wireless-gets-caught-on-camera/

That's the HTC one. I may have been mistaken on the Moto world phone... :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones