• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm I missing something or just lucky?

jaybigboy34

Jan 14, 2010
I installed my OTA update today and I took the chance of not backing anything up. I figured I would have to manually install all of my contacts, apps, and lose my pictures that I had. When I brought it back up all was there. Even my contacts and they were installed as phone contacts and not google. Has this worked for other people as well?

I installed my OTA update today and I took the chance of not backing anything up. I figured I would have to manually install all of my contacts, apps, and lose my pictures that I had. When I brought it back up all was there. Even my contacts and they were installed as phone contacts and not google. Has this worked for other people as well?

this is normal on the ota

Upvote 0

There are posted reports of users losing contacts and other data following the OTA installation over 1.5. It seems that most of us have been "lucky," though, and the install did not mess with our lists.

Some have been able to retrieve their stuff via google sync.

Upvote 0
There are posted reports of users losing contacts and other data following the OTA installation over 1.5. It seems that most of us have been "lucky," though, and the install did not mess with our lists.

Some have been able to retrieve their stuff via google sync.

I had been wondering if you had gotten the update yet, because I know you had been waiting on it awhile just like I had. I that about starting a post to see who was going to be the last one to receive the update, but since I got it last night I didn't. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones