1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Im in an odd situation. Please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by d3drocks, Jun 5, 2011.

1. d3drocks

d3drocks Guest
    None
    hello,
    yesturday I bought my first android device. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
    I bought it from factory direct here in canada, which advertized it as a WiFi only edition of the tab, referbrished. the price was right, so I bought it. it works great, and I really dont have too much of an issue other than:

the tab is a referbrished one from Sprint. its a CDMA device. its been unlocked properly to not work with sprint anything (since sprint does not exsist in my country). it has a sprint boot up splash screen as well as shut down splash, sprint apps (which i cant delete, even with it being rooted), and a "system update" nagging about adding a sprint feature.

I honestly know nothing about android, and I need help. I would like debrand it (if possible), and remove the sprint software. if i do that tho, will I miss out on system updates? is there another way to update the device?

as i said, this is my first android device, so I'm in need of some help.
    if anyone has any tips, or if i can even do this, or if i have to ship it to samsung, please let me know of everything i can do.

Edit:
    I have rooted the device already, and have the superuser app installed, if that matters at all for this situation. I'd really like to remove all of the sprint software completely.

Advertisement

2. viperman2008

viperman2008 Well-Known Member
    None

I'm not sure how to do it on the Tab but on my incredible you had to remove the apps through adb or by somehow mounting the system partition as read/write. I think all the apps you want to remove are installed with system apps and not regular apps.

Might look at Root Explorer that can mount partitions as r/w but I'm not sure if it uninstalls the stuff you want.