1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm in desperate need of help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BTK-appl3killa, Feb 5, 2011.

1. BTK-appl3killa

BTK-appl3killa Well-Known Member

for some reason my phone won't boot into CW recovery, this is what i've tried so far

i've tried several different versions of Rom manager, uninstalled and rebooted phone and installed new version each time

ive tried booting into recovery manually by pressing the volume down and power button but did not work

ive tried booting into recovery by using terminal emulator

and finally said flip it and installed the stock rom that htc has on site and root phone again using z4root and then installed rom manager again and when tried to flash recovery i get the same message as always, which says " an error occurred while flashing your recovery"

if anyone has any suggestions please reply and if possible maybe provide me with theyre AIM screen name so that i can try and resolve this problem, thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Before rooting again, I would simply load the RUU again, then update your phone and make sure everything is working correctly, then report back, take one step at a time

3. paully

paully Well-Known Member

+1 ^^^

that's fishy behavior you're having. a back to square one approach is right on.

4. BTK-appl3killa

i dont know what to do anymore, ive been up since 5am last night messing with this thing and reading several forums and cant get it to work, im sorry to say but i think im getting ready to give up and just get another phone since im due for an upgrade from sprint, i really would rather not have to do that but if i have to i will, theres no way im gonna stay on the stock rom

5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Maybe you could try rooting with a different method? Try Super-One-Click or Universal Androot.

Maybe Z4Root just does not like your handset for some reason. I wish I could be more help.

6. BTK-appl3killa

is there something else i can use to flash a rom other than clockworkMod?

7. DonB

Are you will to the the 2.1***.5 build RUU, then root using Universal Androot, if yes let me know and i will get you the links

8. BTK-appl3killa

sorry the build is 2.27.651.6 :mad:

9. DonB

BTK-appl3killa likes this.
  10. BTK-appl3killa

my phone is rooting fine it just won't let me flash clockwork recovery in rom manager for some reason :'(

i will try it tho since i want to continue using my hero

11. LBPHeretic

DonB is suggesting Universal Androot because your Sprint HTC Hero might not like Z4Root. Trying another method might get things to work for you. :)

I would say it is worth a shot. You have nothing to lose, except a little more time. ;)

BTK-appl3killa likes this.
  12. BTK-appl3killa

thanks and yes im in the process of trying DonB's method and hoping works, i really do appreciate all the help i've gotten from everyone on here, and to prove it ill thank both of you lol

13. DonB

NP, keep us posted there is always a reason to my madness, LOL

14. DonB

I have to run out for a bit, if all works well, then you will download CWM and make sure it is updated, once all that is done, then flash your recovery and fingers crossed, then you will create a Nandroid backup from recovery not the CWM app itself. once all that is fine and running smooth, then try flashing AOSP 9.9.2 ROM and see if that works, then if that does then Nandroid that also after it is all set up, then your ready to try GB and I just posted the latest release from today, report back and I will check in later on, I am sure there are others that can take over if you run into any issues

15. BTK-appl3killa

i was really getting my hopes up but sad to say it failed :(....changed the rom to .5 and installed universal androot and worked fine and then tried flashing recovery and nothing, same message " error occurred while flashing your recovery"

16. BTK-appl3killa

is there any other app i can use to flash into another recovery other than clockwork so i can flash a Rom

17. LBPHeretic

18. BTK-appl3killa

holy crap guys, for some reason it just started working, i went to the kitchen to get some water and came back and thought id give it another try (flash recovery) and it worked, sweeeeeeet

thanks guys for all your patience and i will continue to follow donb's steps, im about to nandroid and flash aosp 2.2 and if it works continue from there, will keep you posted and will keep my fingers crossed

19. BTK-appl3killa

Would anyone please post a step by step instructions on how to install aosp 2.3 rom, thank you

20. DonB

Simple once you have your Nandroid backup as I mentioned, then download the GB Rom and Gapps to your SD card, once done, then boot into recovery with phone off, and wipe exactly as I mentioned above, once that is done then install zip from SD card, Rom and then do the same for Gapps, reboot and setup up your phone, and remember to go to the market and update your SU app as it needs to be updated on this new release ;)

21. jwolfe152

jwolfe152 Member

i had one hell of a time with recovery not flashing...i dont remember who walked me through it but this might be something to throw into a rooting guide. rom manager will not install correctly if ur USB tethered

22. paully

paully Well-Known Member

that's an interesting point, jwolfe152.

@BTK appl3killa , were you connected to a computer via USB cable, at any point during your troubles?

23. BTK-appl3killa

yes i was connected via USB cable but it was just charging, didnt have debugging on or wasnt connected to store anything on phone....it was doing it both ways when i was connected and not connected via USB cable

im glad to report that im on aosp 2.3 Rom and everything is working great for me but the only thing i noticed today is a couple of reboots when i put my extra battery in today since i got home drunk and forgot to charge the phone last night lol

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews