1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General I'm in Eris Hell, Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jenniferd1029, May 29, 2011.

1. jenniferd1029

jenniferd1029 Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    I rec'd a (refurb) Eris Friday, put it on the charger, 4 hours later no change in the battery life, so I switched to from the USB to the direct wall charger. Another 4 hours notta nothing. So I am thinking they sent me a dead battery.
    The battery meter turns green and has the lightening rod but does not move.
    So I go and by a new battery, when the new battery is put in it is showing 50% in the green (YAY). The new charger I purchased also plugged in and the battery meter is green and moving (YAY again). 4 hours later battery is DEAD!!! I did shut everything down, that was running that I didnt need. Another 4 hours and notta again, the battery meter is green and no longer moving and battery life is in the red. Factory restore, goes through pulled battery, restarted, plugged in battery meter starts moving again 1 hour later I have 2 yellow bars on battery meter (YAY) :thinking: Not so much now, 3 hours later phone is turned off, is not recognizing any chargers. Put old battery back in and has red bar but still no movement on battery meter. Turn everything off go to sleep. Start over still no movement on battery meter and I found the thread on here for: *#*#4636#*#* showing battery life running at 100%. Powered off and now not recognizing charger and no life. Anyone have any help for me besides the bottom of the lake????:mad:

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Sounds like you've tried all the obvious stuff (and went a little above and beyond by buying a new battery too), but it sounds like they sent you a lemon.

I would contact VZW and have them send you a replacement.

The Eris is a little long in the tooth now and they seem to be recycling even the replacements for the replacements and there is the occasional lemon.

Sorry for your troubles. Good luck.

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    Yup... what he said!

He's a smart guy... and a guide :rolleyes:

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

Call Verizon and tell them you need a phone that works. Be nice but firm. Don't accept another Eris. I love my Eris but I got one of the good ones.

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I had the exact problem with my Incredible refurb. After messing with it a while.. I decided the mini-usb port on the device was defective. Another over night refurb later and I was in business.

Best of luck to yas

6. PinkFreud6

PinkFreud6 Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    I too am in Eris hell. Over the past year and a half I've accepted that this phone just doesn't do well with actual phone calls. But now I'm in a new kind of hell. The bottom half of my phone's touch screen is almost completely unresponsive. You know- where the most important/used button is, the space bar? I've just about had it. At first a little battery pull/reset was working at first, but now nothing does. I'm at a loss here. What do I do? I've never had the phone replaced, and I have insurance on it. I could easily get it replaced, but they'll offer me a refurb Eris and that's it, unless I beg and plead with the higher ups? Or will they only do that after they've sent me the replacement phones and those too break?

I've spoken to the folks at Verizon, and they say getting a replacement is going to basically cost me the "new every two" credit I have for $30 off my next phone. If I just go ahead and buy a new phone, which do I get? I'm not interested in rooting or any of that stuff, and since I'm a Mac user I'm tempted to get an iPhone, but the iOS 5 is at least months away, and I can barely stomach another week of my current phone.

Sorry for the long rant here, but if anyone has a suggestion on my next move, I'd be appreciative of the feedback.

Thanks.

7. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    You gotta decide if you want to stick with android, or go with the iphone.
    Don't let your bad experience with the Eris ruin how you feel about android. I too started with the Eris, but now have the D2 and couldn't be happier.

Good luck either way. My wife and sisters all have iphones and they claim its the best thing to ever happen to them. Haha. But its not for me.
    So it comes down to personal choice.

But ill tell you this. The D2 is a great little phone and the keyboard makes life a lot easier some of the time(like now). And I'm guessing you can get it at a good price right now.
    But the thunderbolt is pretty amazing if you want the latest and greatest.

8. PinkFreud6

PinkFreud6 Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Thanks, Cableguynoe. I spoke with a guy at a Verizon store who has the Thunderbolt, but he says he misses his Incredible 2. I know I have to make a decision between Iphone and Android, but because I have to get a new phone now it seems like a new Android phone is the obvious choice since I like Android, and a new iPhone with the syncing features I like on Android won't be available any time soon.

9. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    My Eris finally bit the dust on Friday ... Wouldn't connect to 3G at all and neither calling Verizon or going to the store could get it fixed. I was 4 weeks away from getting $50 off the 2-year price and the store gave it to me anyway. Picked up an Incredible 2 and love it. Way faster as expected, but a huge improvement is battery life is a very welcome bonus. If your going to stick with android the Inc2 is nice.