• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I'm in Ohio, my phone presumably thinks it's in California...

Rachel A

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2010
In front of my S3
My Dinc today started to prefer being on PDT as opposed EDT today. I checked the settings and confirmed it was set to "Automatic - use network provided values"

So, here I am , 4:05 here in Sunny Cincinnati, about to head home from work, whilst my Incredible feels I've 3 more hours to work as it's reading 1:05PM. :eek:

Anyone any ideas?

I had download several clock widgets yesterday - and subsequentially uninstalled them since yesterday afternoons lil' experiment in time-travel.

My phone's now happily staying in the same time zone as me. I will however bear all your collective suggestions in mind should it once again decide to take a vacation without me. :cool:

Thanks to all who responded - it's help like this that makes this place so great!

R

Upvote 0
Maybe your phone is trying to tell you something....Cali is the place to be...

Oh, don't I know! I used to live out in the Bay Area (Dublin) and had a terrific time (right up to the point I had to fly to Pasadena several times a week - Hollywood Hills airport was the very antithesis of what I expected... :( )

Apparently I spoke to soon, my Dinc once again was pleading me to head back into the land of PDT - one wonders if I do that will it next want me in Hawaii - then what? - that's a big ocean! :eek:

R

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones