1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm interested in becoming a developer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hYpHyPuRpLe, Apr 13, 2012.

1. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Android Enthusiast

Like the title stated, I would like to start learning about android developing (like theming, building a custom rom, or compiling a custom kernel). If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to start that'd be great. I have been watching YouTube tutorials and I understand this won't be an easy task but I'm willing to put my time and effort into it. If anyone thinks that this would be a really challenging task (due to the fact that I'm only 14) then could they help me (not actually that individual but if they could show me a website) understand the basics of what I need to know. I'm certainly not a newbie when it comes to Android, but I still have a lot to learn. If any could share their opinion (regarding the difficulties of this task and if I should or shouldn't do it) that would be great.

(And I know I sound ridiculous trying to become and android developer with no experience but I'm trying to start learning at a young age so when I get older I can become a professional like Shabby, k0ush, playfulgod, isaacj87 and all the other awesome developers for our phones)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

PM me, and I'll point you in the right direction.

3. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert

i started using pcs before hardly any apps used a mouse when i was your age :) to make apps learn java. to make roms etc is different. knowing Linux helps but its lots of other stuff too. developer.android.com is a good place to start reading. its best to understand what Android actually is underneath first. if you've used visual basic before, then I'd try basic4android, i use it even though its sorta cheating lol. i just don't want to learn java cause I'm older.

oh yea, backup often with clockwork recovery just in case. especially when messing with Config files.

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews