• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm Keeping My Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are truly exaggerating! Good Lord!
Ok.. I'll Stay.. :cool:
I keep getting quoted so.....
Some here are trying to convince themselfs.. " Not Me.. Too Bad That Happened To That Other Guy.. But You See.. MINE is not going to explode like THEIR'S Did.."
Ok.
We are not issuing a Warrant for your Arrest..
You've been WARNED BY SAMSUNG "Cease and Desist" return the device for a FULL refund.. Due to circumstances out of our control we have PERMANENTLY stopped production of the Note 7.

Brothers and Sisters....
If that ain't enough to have you RUNNING that Ticking Time Bomb back.. then you truly, truly SPRUNG on a damn Telephone... Not a Super Fine Woman or Guy (if that's your thing) your Sprung on a telephone that can blow up.
Stop and Think about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok.. I'll Stay.. :cool:
I keep getting quoted so.....
Some here are trying to convince themselfs.. " Not Me.. Too Bad That Happened To That Other Guy.. But You See.. MINE is not going to explode like THEIR'S Did.."
Ok.
We are not issuing a Warrant for your Arrest..
You've been WARNED BY SAMSUNG "Cease and Desist" return the device for a FULL refund.. Due to circumstances out of our control we have PERMANENTLY stopped production of the Note 7.

Brothers and Sisters....
If that ain't enough to have you RUNNING that Ticking Time Bomb back.. then you truly, truly are SPRUNG on a damn Telephone... Not a Super Fine Woman or Guy (if that's your thing) your Sprung on a telephone that can blow up.
Stop and Think about that.
Funny, I don't hear any ticking, just held it up to my ear! Did I miss something???[emoji2]

Reactions: johnpjackson
Upvote 0
Why assume either one?
Because it's things I considered when I surrendered my Note7 last week, i.e. it's banned from aircraft and there's possible carrier blacklisting. And I do take flights fairly regularly myself.

Good thing now is though, I've got an extra 5888 yuan in my bank account to spend on another nice shiny Made in China gadget. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We didn't get Note 5 (about as much good as a chocolate fireguard without SD card) here in UK. The aggro started before we had a chance to get Note 7 here. There were around 100 REPORTS of the phone igniting (NOT exploding- journalistic crap) out of 2.5 million phones. If they haven't ignited by now, they won't. My Note 4 gets quite hot sometimes, but I charge it in the evening whilst watching tv or something else- I never charge any phone overnight- I have always kept an eye on it.
So yes, if we had the chance of Note 7 in UK, I would have kept it too. 100 igniting phones in 2.5 million, you have more chance of being hit by lightning. Not likely to get in a plane either. Too much histrionics and panic.

Upvote 0
I certainly hope that Samsung issues a release of liability soon. So if and when Note 7s that are still in the wild go up in flames, the owners are on their own. It's a deliberate decision to keep and use a product that has been deemed unsafe by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and can spontaneously combust with no warning signs or external stimulus. Samsung has done everything they can, short of putting all active Note 7s into permanent Airplane Mode, to effect a 100% recall.

I'm not being mean or targeting anyone in particular here, but come on: if you loved your vehicle but the right strut was prone to falling off at 70 MPH, would you really keep driving it, saying "well, mine hasn't rattled yet!"?

PLEASE. TURN IT IN.

Upvote 0
Because it's things I considered when I surrendered my Note7 last week, i.e. it's banned from aircraft and there's possible carrier blacklisting. And I do take flights fairly regularly myself.

Good thing now is though, I've got an extra 5888 yuan in my bank account to spend on another nice shiny Made in China gadget. :)
Exactly, just like you made considerations, so did I and, I imagine, every other person. I have no need or intentions of flying anywhere. Also, there has not been one whiff of anybody being blacklisted! Not everyone needs to fly and, I'm pretty sure, there will be no blacklisting. Those were both assumptions.

Upvote 0
Exactly, just like you made considerations, so did I and, I imagine, every other person. I have no need or intentions of flying anywhere. Also, there has not been one whiff of anybody being blacklisted! Not everyone needs to fly and, I'm pretty sure, there will be no blacklisting. Those were both assumptions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote7/comments/57omxn/verizon_already_blacklisting_note_7/

"This device is not authorized for use..."

I know quite a few AF members are with Verizon.

Another thing with my Note7, this was coming through twice a day as a pop-up full-screen notification that couldn't be disabled....
< 最新声明 >

尊敬的中国消费者:

对于近期Galaxy Note7燃损事件给各位消费者带来的不安与困扰,我们表示诚挚的歉意。

我们高度重视近期在国内外发生的Galaxy Note7 燃损事件,为了确保中国消费者能够安心使用我们的产品,我们决定在中国大陆地区停止销售国行版Galaxy Note7产品,并召回在中国大陆地区销售的全部国行版Galaxy Note7产品。

对国行版Galaxy Note7产品退货或更换其他产品等具体召回措施,我们已经积极主动地与相关政府部门进行了沟通。我们保证,将竭尽全力确保相关措施的实施在方便且有效率的情况下进行。如有进一步相关信息,我们将通过三星电子官网(www.samsung.com/cn)进行公布,消费者也可以通过三星电子售后服务中心(400-810-5858)了解具体情况。

对于给中国消费者带来的不便,我们再次表示真诚的歉意,三星电子坚守“做中国人民喜爱的企业,贡献于中国社会的企业”的承诺,秉持质量和服务第一的信念,为中国消费者带来最佳的产品和体验。

2016年10月11日

Which is something would have to live with, or else keep the phone offline or in airplane mode, to stop these repeated pushed Samsung notifications.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny, I don't hear any ticking, just held it up to my ear! Did I miss something???[emoji2]
All I Can Say Is...
I hope you are not holding it up to your favorite ear when it goes BOOM!!!
What is with you people? Really.. Is it Bragging Rights? "Mine Is Newer Than Yours!" What???
You have stock in Samsung? What???
Have You Ever Seen The Likes Of This... Wanton Pain.. Burns... Possibly to Others... Possibly Death...
For a Telephone..
**********Cease and Desist******** turn in your Note 7's. it's not me.. IT'S SAMSUNG telling you to do so.. :eek:
Just Do It.

Upvote 0
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote7/comments/57omxn/verizon_already_blacklisting_note_7/

Another thing with my Note7, this was coming through twice a day as a pop-up full-screen notification that couldn't be disabled....

Which is something would have to live with, or else keep the phone offline or in airplane mode, to stop these repeated pushed Samsung notifications.

Hmm, seems like they're trying to tell me something... :thinking::eek::)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Assuming that you're going to ignore fight bans and put yourself or others in danger just because you still have the phone is a pretty ignorant position to take.
It's not an assumption, by keeping these phones you are putting yourself and others at risk. Period. I guess if you're willing to gamble on burning your house down while you sleep or burning your nuts off while it's in your pocket that's your business, but also consider that the Note 7 will never get an update and it is a $900 phone with zero resale value. Having that level of attachment to a gadget, a trinket, is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I was going to get the Note 7, glad I didn't now but it's a damn shame!
On A recent Thomas Cook flight they prohibited the use of the Note 7, it must be turned off, but it wasn't banned, hmmmmmm.
As the Note 5 wasn't released here in the UK then it's likely I will hold on to my Note 4 until news of the next Note

Go on holiday, and while you're away in Benidorm or Ibiza or whatever, the airline imposes a total Note7 ban, then you could have a problem. Samsung is taking in N7 at certain airports, but not all airports.

Upvote 0
I'm using my green battery Note 7 and loving it. I called my local carrier store and they told me to hang on to it until friday if I want to get the v20. I read some sites saying the note 7 would get the nougat update when it's ready. I could just root it too so, I'm thinking about keeping it unless they shut it off. I never fly, dont work in an office, and have no kids.

Upvote 0
All I Can Say Is...
What is with you people?

Really. Samsung is paying some of you to troll for them.

The phones haven't been EXPLODING like your context intimates. They've been rapidly overheating (like in seconds in some cases), emitting a large amount of smoke, and the phone case and internals separating due to the battery bursting from the heat of becoming dead shorted. It's not a minor event, but it's not an explosion like a hand grenade or even large consumer fireworks.

When Samsung releases a definitive explanation for exactly why the problem is occurring, then we will have something to allow us to judge for ourselves whether or not we think all of these devices share the same level of risk of it occurring, or not. Simply by number of incidents already, versus number of devices distributed, it's still more dangerous to get in a car and drive, anywhere, than to use this phone.

Upvote 0
The phones haven't been EXPLODING like your context intimates. They've been rapidly overheating (like in seconds in some cases), emitting a large amount of smoke, and the phone case and internals separating due to the battery bursting from the heat of becoming dead shorted. It's not a minor event, but it's not an explosion like a hand grenade or even large consumer fireworks.

Well it's entirely up to you, but personally I wouldn't put a device that could potentially do that, in my pocket, or in fact anywhere near my body.

Upvote 0

Why post misinformation?!! What bothers you so much that some of us still have this phone that you'd stoop to this? THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET YOUR NOTE 7 BLACKLISTED IS IF YOU HAVE STARTED THE RETURN PROCESS AND SUPPLIED YOUR IMEI NUMBER!!! Can you comprehend what you read?

All I Can Say Is...
What is with you people? Really.. Is it Bragging Rights? "Mine Is Newer Than Yours!" What???
You have stock in Samsung? What???
Have You Ever Seen The Likes Of This... Wanton Pain.. Burns... Possibly to Others... Possibly Death...
For a Telephone..
**********Cease and Desist******** turn in your Note 7's. it's not me.. IT'S SAMSUNG telling you to do so.. :eek:
Just Do It.
No, the question you should ask is, "What's up with you 'chicken littles'?? Please, go try to live you life without messing your pants at every little thing.

It's not an assumption, by keeping these phones you are putting yourself and others at risk. Period. I guess if you're willing to gamble on burning your house down while you sleep or burning your nuts off while it's in your pocket that's your business, but also consider that the Note 7 will never get an update and it is a $900 phone with zero resale value. Having that level of attachment to a gadget, a trinket, is ridiculous.
Another person with comprehension issues! If you even bothered to read his original post, his assumptions were:
1. Just because you have this phone you would defy the flight ban.
2. Carriers were going to blacklist Note 7's.

Both are untrue, as in totally false!

Go on holiday, and while you're away in Benidorm or Ibiza or whatever, the airline imposes a total Note7 ban, then you could have a problem. Samsung is taking in N7 at certain airports, but not all airports.
Not worth a response!
I'm using my green battery Note 7 and loving it. I called my local carrier store and they told me to hang on to it until friday if I want to get the v20. I read some sites saying the note 7 would get the nougat update when it's ready. I could just root it too so, I'm thinking about keeping it unless they shut it off. I never fly, dont work in an office, and have no kids.
That's the spirit, make up your own mind and act responsibly until you, and only you, are ready to let it go!

When Samsung releases a definitive explanation for exactly why the problem is occurring, then we will have something to allow us to judge for ourselves whether or not we think all of these devices share the same level of risk of it occurring, or not. Simply by number of incidents already, versus number of devices distributed, it's still more dangerous to get in a car and drive, anywhere, than to use this phone.
What is wrong with these people? Is it control issues? Is it lack of comprehension? I should post a picture of my Note to give them a heart attract!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
So yes, if we had the chance of Note 7 in UK, I would have kept it too. 100 igniting phones in 2.5 million, you have more chance of being hit by lightning. Not likely to get in a plane either. Too much histrionics and panic.

Firstly, several thousand Note 7s were pre-ordered and delivered in the UK before the initial recall. Secondly, if it's all "histronics and panic" then why have Samsung posted the following on their UK web site?

Update, 24th October
On October 10 we took the decision to stop sales and shipments of Galaxy Note7 devices as part of our commitment to customer safety.

We have asked everyone with a Galaxy Note7 to back up your data (click here for details of how) and switch off your device.
Once you have done that please replace your device following the steps below.

We are truly sorry that we have not met the high standard that you expect from Samsung.
We thank you for your patience during this time, and apologise for the inconvenience we have caused.

We would like to reassure you and all our Samsung customers that the Galaxy Note7 is the only device affected.

Battery Software Update
In addition to the Galaxy Note7 Replacement Programme Samsung will issue new software to all Galaxy Note7 devices on Monday October 31st that will limit the battery charge to 60% as an additional safety measure.

In addition to this, starting yesterday (Oct 25th) until Mon (Oct 31) an onscreen message urging owners to comply with the return request will be pushed to handsets.

Enough! :mad:

This site has a duty-of-care to its members and a trusted reputation to uphold. You're free to disagree with the advice of your device manufacturer, but please don't dare to accuse others of "trolling".

What is wrong with these people? Is it control issues? Is it lack of comprehension? I should post a picture of my Note to give them a heart attract!

I couldn't care less about you or your Note 7, Raymond. What I DO care about is the fact that someone might just follow your lead, suffer an unfortunate incident, and then use the "...but Android Forums said it was safe to keep using it!" argument.

By all means exercise your own free will and continue to use the device, but in the interests of liability avoidance I (and others) wil continue to advocate returning as per the manufacturer's request.

Upvote 0
...for as long as I can, or until an equal or better device is released by Samsung, or another manufacturer. Or, of course, until when/if Samsung or my carrier was to cut off my connectivity or otherwise incapacitate my device.

Apparently, I have a lot of company:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...ver-a-million-people-worldwide-report-1476691

I hope this situation holds. The longer it does, the better an idea it will give each of us individually about the chances of our Note 7's failing. The same is true for Samsung, even though I'm sure they would rather not gain data about that in this manner.

What's the point of keeping it if you can't legally take it on a plane?

Upvote 0
What's the point of keeping it if you can't legally take it on a plane?

Why do so many people unconsciously assume everyone hops on airliners all day long?? Seriously. Most people go for YEARS between instances of using air travel, and many have never been on a plane in their lives.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones