1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm looking for a kind of email app for my tablet.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by spl4000, Sep 16, 2020.

1. spl4000

spl4000 Newbie

This email app must...
    -show all of the emails automatically like a normal email program perfectly should always or at least have an option to make that possible.
    -have a good feature to filter out spam.
    -allow the user to have specific email addresses sent to a folder.

I apologize if there are any threads like this but I searched beforehand and didn't see any. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hmmm ... Let's address these one by one.

If by "show emails automatically" you mean preview them in a window pane next to the list in the inbox, then give Maildroid a shot. I use it on my tablet and it has a very nice preview option.

Spam filtering should really be done at the server level. Spam should be rejected or quarantined before it ever hits your inbox. But, Maildroid has a spam plugin.

The folder thing is a tricky one. If you are using an IMAP connection (Like you should on a mobile device) then folders will be hosted on the server. Do you want the mail there first? or do you want it in your inbox and then file it later? Maildroid has rules that might do this, but frankly I manage my mail at the server level so it's where I want it before it ever gets looked at.

3. Trom

Trom Well-Known Member

I really like Maildroid; my company uses Gmail to administer our mail, and I can't use it without giving the company access to my phone because of the policy software that you have to run, and I refuse. I created an outlook.com account, and Maildroid was the only soft I found that would automatically bcc my company address in addition to adding a reply-to line. I set up forwarding in Gmail, works like a champ, I get all company mail in my outlook.com inbox, anyone replying to mail sent from outlook gets sent to Gmail which gets to me, and because of the auto bcc to myself, all sent mail goes to Gmail where filter rules send it to an alternate sent folder. Maildroid has way too many features, and I was more than happy to give them a few bucks for it!

Dannydet likes this.
  4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.b44t.messenger/

Yes, I know it says 'messenger'.
    It is set up as a messenger app that uses e-mail.
    It can be used as an email app as well.
    Because you must ok the first message from a sender, filtering spam is not an issue.

5. spl4000

spl4000 Newbie

I am sorry to say that Delta chat doesn't work. After I press enter after putting in my login info, nothing happens.

6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Are you using a G-mail account?
    If so, then you must go into your Google account and change a setting, called something similar to 'allow 3rd party apps' or 'allow untrusted apps' to access your account.

7. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

Try Gmail app or Microsoft Outlook.