1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm looking for diagnostic apps that track differences in app data sizes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darkmatter81, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Darkmatter81

Darkmatter81 Newbie

Hi guys,

I want to know if there is an app that I can download that can scan all my apps including pre-installed apps, take note of their size and caches and then allow me to scan on a later date and show me size deltas. I'd like to know which apps have grown over time.

A little background. I've got a HTC Desire running the official Gingerbread update downloaded from HTC developer centre Since always I've had low space warning despite moving all apps that can be moved to SD card. I have only about 50+ apps installed on my phone and the biggest ones being Maps (10MB), Swiftkey (5MB) QuickOffice (5 MB, pre-installed, yuck), then rest are small. But every time I keep getting the low space warning at 15MB and drops lower sometimes.

I clear out all caches regularly particularly Internet and Facebook. The problem however is not the apps I have installed so I have discovered, I think it's the ROM I've got. Something in the system sucking space. It's got worse since doing the GB update. Every time I factory reset the phone and re-install my apps, moving all apps to SD that can be moved I have 50Mb to play with. After a while of using apps and them storing their own respective data, internal memory drops to around 35MB which is still ok for me. The problem happens to after a few weeks of use, internal memory severally drops but I cannot seem to find what's sucking all my space as app data usage remains the same.

Thanks

Advertisement